Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hard wire the Sirius "Starmate"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also got the kit from TSS for my 09 UC. I used the antenna mount right behind the receiver and hard wired the power to the wires that are in the bundle with the headlight wires. I ran the audio wire from behind the radio up under the radio with about an 1 inch of wire to plug into the AUX port. Pretty clean and does not tie up a preset FM channel like in my vehicle.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by jberg
I wired my Starmate back to the inside of my Tourpak. I plug into the Aux but can completely hide the wire when not in use. Have a power source in there too. Also works for my Ipod. Works in the rain too. Just can't change channels but hey, nothing's perfect.
Hey Scott, I hope you get to ride that Roadie soon. Seems like it's costing you a fortune while you wait.
It's bought & paid for! All the upgrades were lumped together. The little add ons were also included, the service dept. said since the entire bike would be pulled apart, they wouldn't charge extra for the little things.

Should i give the service tech a tip? Is that common practice?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by Marine.Top.58
Thanks...

For some reason, I really like that color you got there...
Paint that inner fairing and you'll love the color even more!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Seener84
Tourer

Do you have any way to hide or protect the wires in the weather? And what part number is the TSS kit, I am taking the fairing off this weekend for speakers and would like to set this up while Im in there.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by Seener84
Do you have any way to hide or protect the wires in the weather? And what part number is the TSS kit, I am taking the fairing off this weekend for speakers and would like to set this up while Im in there.
The wires run up and under the fairing, nothing is exposed except for the connectors. I haven't thought about protecting them from the weather, I would imagine they can get alittle damp?

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-vehi...91bc99a671c42a

Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Seener84
Tourer

Took me longer than it should have, but I decided where I was going to put the radio so I bought the hardwire kit, an antenna, and the fm modulator. It may seem weird, but I am going to put the radio under the seat, I can push the buttons through the backrest opening in the stock seat. This is where I have my garage door opener velcroed now. So what 12V power wire did you tie to? I think the extra at the headlight is a good idea?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
dgretz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardwired my Starmate 4 to one of the empty connectors attached to the headlight wire harness. Attached and old visor clip from a old radar detector to the backplate mount from the starmate car kit. Then clip the starmate to my windshield bag.