Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way

After reading numerous threads of praise, getting reassurance in a thread started, and talking to Jamie twice, I went ahead and ordered the PC-V and Jackpots from Fuel Moto today. Jamie said I'm gonna love it. And I'm holding him to it.

Also worked a deal with the sm at my local dealership to get a discount on two dyno runs. A before and after obviously.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. It does kinda make your right wrist hurt a bit though...

Don't judge MPG until your wrist stops hurting after you ride.

Don't know if you've been reading this thread on PCV: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...tune-info.html

But there is some info you may want to be aware of if this will be your first experience with the dyno. Things I would like to have thaught about before I went.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

keep us posted...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

A GREAT move! I ordered the PC III and got it in no time flat and the install was actually a breeze and no issues at all to date and going to break her in and check the mileage.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
sjkinlodi
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good advice

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. It does kinda make your right wrist hurt a bit though...

Don't judge MPG until your wrist stops hurting after you ride.
This is great advice. I added the PC-V to my 08 Street Glide. Immediately got 25 MPG. Called Jamie ... WTF-Over .... He said "call me back when "you're done cranking on the throtle ... "". Last tank, I was in the mid 30's. Seems a new set of Pipes, New A/C and and PC-V will cause a bit of a hyperactive-right-wrist for a while. Betting I hit 40 by the time my behavior matures.

Most fun I've had dumping gas though!!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:41 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The PC is decent stuff. I'm sure you will be happy with it. I've bought and installed 4 of them.

That said, the next time you want to move up, buy a Thundermax with auto-tune. The T-max doesn't piggy back on the factory ECM like all the various Power Commanders. It totally replaces the factory ECM and operates closed loop vice open loop. The latest PC is the PCV and it is closed loop, but it still piggy backs off the factory ECM.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sjkinlodi
This is great advice. I added the PC-V to my 08 Street Glide. Immediately got 25 MPG. Called Jamie ... WTF-Over .... He said "call me back when "you're done cranking on the throtle ... "". Last tank, I was in the mid 30's. Seems a new set of Pipes, New A/C and and PC-V will cause a bit of a hyperactive-right-wrist for a while. Betting I hit 40 by the time my behavior matures.

Most fun I've had dumping gas though!!

Good thing gas prices are down huh??? I usually have that kind of fun for about the first week after an upgrade.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Damn, I am up in the air on what my first mods will be. I wish I could hear some jackpots in person. I want rineharts but hear so much about the jackpots.. Decisions decisions. LEt us know how you like them.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mike5959
Damn, I am up in the air on what my first mods will be. I wish I could hear some jackpots in person. I want rineharts but hear so much about the jackpots.. Decisions decisions. LEt us know how you like them.

Jamie said the Jackpots have a very similar sound to Rinehart slip-ons. Said they use a similar style baffle. That is what sold me. Love the Rinehart sound. Just didn't want to go that route again.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

IMHO, they got it perfect with the Jackpots. Like others have said, deep but low volume when idling and under light/cruise throttle. Loud enough to be heard when you crack the throttle. Earplugs a must under WOT on the dyno . With my S/E mufflers I didn't feel the earplugs were necessary on the dyno at WOT.

Last edited by 09StreetGlider; 02-25-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way