Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
showm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just an update on my fuelmoto package.

today my girlfriend and me went and met some friends for dinner. on the way back, we polished off my first tank with the jackpots, pcv, and air cleaner. before i type the results, I just want to add I have been pretty consistent on the way I fill my tank. Since I got the bike, I have been getting a steady 32-33mpg with most of the tanks being 33mpg…maybe one 34mpg tank but nothing higher with one tank or so having about 50-60 miles of expressway riding.

the ride yesterday consisted of mostly rural riding with some city. today we had about 50 miles worth of expressway...25 or so there and about 25 back. this entire tank was 2-up riding and here is what i got...

196.4 miles / 5.1 gallons = 38.5 miles per gallon

call it a coincidence...i dont know, but that is a pretty good improvement if you ask me. granted, the motor should really be starting to loosen up now i guess. a little over 900 miles as of today. i dont know how much your average size passenger may take away but i would hope that clearing 40mpg solo really shouldn't be much of a problem now. this week should tell as i will be solo back and forth to work.

also, for monstermile and others considering the larger baffle. i still cant compare to the standard right baffle but i can tell u this. cruising in 6th gear on the expressway around 72mph...i can hear the exhaust now (over stock exhaust ofcourse) as well as my radio. and honestly, with long trips in mind, i probably wouldn't want it any louder to tell the truth. if you want more noise over the standard baffle i would suspect you would be happy with the 57mm.

i guess the only thing that could make me happier right now is finally topping 40mpg again. i know some guys report around 42 on their touring bikes but i haven't seen over 40mpg on a bike since my '05 standard.

hopefully i can report back some good solo numbers cuz the bike saves me tremendously over driving the powerstroke back and forth to work.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

I finally got a chance to log some miles on my FM set-up. Only had it on for a few months now. Did almost 500 miles yesterday. And while I was out at one of our stops I noticed yellowing on the right side muffler right where it connects to the header pipe. Now in my experience yellowing means too hot which means too lean. Should not be with the PC-V IMO. Anyone else see any signs of yellowing on the Jackpots???
I did my first long ride last weekend and came up with the same problem of yellowing on the right side muffler. We got caught in a little LA traffic and the oil temp went up to about 250-260 for about 5 miles but the bike never went into parade mode. I'm sure it's a lean condition too but what I don't know is where in the rpm or gear range. I'll be calling the boys at Fuelmoto tomorrow to see what their thoughts are.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:58 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,162 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Of this is really weird you posted this. I finally got a chance to log some miles on my FM set-up. Only had it on for a few months now. Did almost 500 miles yesterday. And while I was out at one of our stops I noticed yellowing on the right side muffler right where it connects to the header pipe. Now in my experience yellowing means too hot which means too lean. Should not be with the PC-V IMO. Anyone else see any signs of yellowing on the Jackpots???
The Jackpot dyno tuned mufflers have an internal heat shield inside the muffler shell that extends up to the welded portion of the inlet which prevents discoloration of the muffler body. Note, due to the high exhaust gas temps on these bikes even when tuned properly it is common to see discoloration on the headpipes which can be seen under the heat shields. Because the inlet of the muffler clamps directly to the headpipe it is possible to get some discoloration on the inlet area of the muffler which is partially covered by the stock heat shield, however you should not get any discoloration on the actual muffler body.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 04-27-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 AM
showm
Cruiser

time to fire this thread back up!!!

long story short...during my original install, i didn't install something quite right. we'll just leave it at that unless u really need to know more! last friday i noticed something was wrong and attempted to fix it but i couldn't fix it due to my original goof. at the time, i didn't know i screwed up and when i went to fix this little deal, i broke something.

anyways, i was in a high-speed wobble last weekend. i emailed jamie over the weekend and he was nice enough to shoot me a couple of emails back. he told me to call on monday and they would try to resolve the problem.

i wasn't able to call til tuesday due to work. let it be known, this problem was NOT fuelmoto's fault at all...but jamie was nice enough to send me out a new part to fix my problem at no charge. now i know he doesn't want to start sending out a bunch of free parts but i really need to send out a public thanks!!

i talked to him briefly and he sent me over to keith to get the new part sent out.

thanks jamie and keith for helping me with my own goof!

thats really cool!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Dr_Scoot
Tourer

I bought the PCV and K&N AC from Jamie at Fuel Moto. Great customer service and the bike runs great. My fuel mileage is toast because I can't help wicking the throttle!