Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
called and talked to Keith...have a 57mm baffle on the way....if this isn't loud enough I could swap out for a Rush 2.5" which is almost straight pipe...don't think I want it that loud....great group of people there!
The 2½ baffle serves to make it louder at the expense of performance, as this is too large to provide enough back-pressure. I think if you'll call Jamie he'll verify this.

I have the standard DT baffle setup (2" right side, reversion cone on left) and before installing a cam upgrade (SE255's) last month the loudness was perfect for my taste. With the cams the loudness level is now higher, as I expected it to be, and a tad too much for my taste. So, I've ordered the smaller baffle size for the right (1.75"), and that should tone it down a bit without affecting top-end performance significantly. It should also bump the low-end up a tad, too, but probably not enough to notice either way. I think these will be perfect, as it's just barely on the wrong side of the loudness threshold now. The 255's are a mild upgrade and some cams increase volume even more, so if you do a cam upgrade be prepared for this.

Last edited by iclick; 04-22-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
weezo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
called and talked to Keith...have a 57mm baffle on the way....if this isn't loud enough I could swap out for a Rush 2.5" which is almost straight pipe...don't think I want it that loud....great group of people there!
I can't imagine needing to swap to a 2.5" - remember that the pipes/baffles will get louder after you've put a couple of thousand miles on them. I think I've put about 1,500 miles on mine now and the sound is improving steadily.

I'm eyeballing cams now, which will make things significantly louder as well.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the reverse baffle in left side...have about 2000 miles on them, just not quite loud enough and tired of taking crap from my wife cause her bike sounds better. I'm sure I'll be happy with the 57mm baffle!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Seener84
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the tuned setup, which I believe is 2" on right? It is a little quiet for me. But Im not prepared to lose any performance to gain sound. Interested to see how it works out for you going to 2.25"

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
deluxe drew
Intermediate
Default Good choice!

Bang for buck, you really can't go wrong with the setup. I was hesitant about the slash-ups on my FLHX in the aesthetics department, but I have to say after having them on and spending a couple of days with them - I'm extremely satisfied.

The sound is perfect, exactly what I was looking for. I had big shots long on my softail and it was LOUD. I still want to be able to hear my cd's and radio, and I don't want my ears to ring after a long trip. I want to maintain the function and comfort of the bike, I ride it nearly every day rain or shine.

Performance wise, I couldn't be happier... It's really a whole new bike.

Knowledge and customer support is top notch at Fuel Moto, the PCV is a great advancement over the PCIII. Plus, there is actually room for it under the seat compared to a softail, took me only minutes to get it seated and wires tucked nicely (I have ABS & Security).

Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My last bike had really loud pipes. I loved them. I am the only touring bike in the group I ride with. Everybody else has loud pipes. At first I was dissapointed with the volume of the sound of my DT Jackpots but not with the performance. I now have about 2500 miles on them and can say I really like the sound. They have a nice rumble and a good volume when you get on it. I can here my radio at cruise speeds no problem. My ears don't ring at the end of a long day of riding. But the bike sounds like a Harley , not a Goldwing. I either ride in front or in back when I ride with my friends now. Its funny, they all want my bike now!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by Seener84
I have the tuned setup, which I believe is 2" on right? It is a little quiet for me. But Im not prepared to lose any performance to gain sound. Interested to see how it works out for you going to 2.25"
I'll let y'all know when the 2.25" comes in. FUELMOTO rocks!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 PM
chasd
Cruiser

I jumped on board with Fuel Moto package yesterday. I went with the Jackpots as recommended by Jamie for my 09 Road Glide. Looking for fatten up the mixture for heat mostly but a little more HP/torque and sound never hurt anybody.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by chasd
I jumped on board with Fuel Moto package yesterday. I went with the Jackpots as recommended by Jamie for my 09 Road Glide. Looking for fatten up the mixture for heat mostly but a little more HP/torque and sound never hurt anybody.

you will be happy!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
happyfeet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Totally impressed with the dt jackpots, pcV and, intake. At slow speeds the throttle is so smooth. I haven't lugged the bike once since instalation. Jamie even made me a deal on returns he had. Can't beat the price, service and performance.

Quick Reply: Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way