Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

papifun unless you tell them it was on there they'll never know , that's one great thing about a piggyback system the ease of it all!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Wow...my initial set of 3 runs was 60. Then due to the tech's peaked interst in the PCV he only charged me 60 for 9 runs the next time. Now that I've been there a few times I think he'll give me a break just to see how it's doing.
Jeebus that's a GREAT price. I'm looking forward to seeing your results so I can guestimate what the same setup did for my bike lol....

Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
papifun unless you tell them it was on there they'll never know , that's one great thing about a piggyback system the ease of it all!

so u telling me ok to unplug and then ride to HD dealer or i do i need to ride for something like 50 miles before ?
jamie would really like ure input..

Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

papifun if you unhook it from your ECM, your bike is back to stock like before you hooked your PC up, the pc doesn't change anything on your stock ECM it sorta just fools it into doing what you want it to when hooked up is the best way I can explane it. If you just take it all the way off when and if you need your warrenty for something they shouldn't know it was ever on there unless you tell them.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Based upon the numerous threads and comments from other posters about FuelMoto, I went ahead and ordered the package yesterday. My Ultra is currently stock and I'm very excited to see the difference.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The PC adds or takes fuel away. thats it it will not change your ECM. If you unplug it your bike is back to stock Mixture settings. The dealer will not be able to know if you put one on. unless you leave your O2 eleminators installed. My bike sounds and runs great never had a problem. almost 20K with Jamie's setup best bang for the buck. I still sometimes get bad MPG HAHAHAH

Old 02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nemick
Based upon the numerous threads and comments from other posters about FuelMoto, I went ahead and ordered the package yesterday. My Ultra is currently stock and I'm very excited to see the difference.
Hey Nemick,

Are you going to run the PC with the bike fully stock or are you changing anything else with it? I understand that changing AC and exhaust to let the engine breath a little easier is the preferred way to do things but I've always been curious to see what kind of difference, if any, the PC would make on a box stock setup.

Please let us know when you find out!

Thanks & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,162 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
so u telling me ok to unplug and then ride to HD dealer or i do i need to ride for something like 50 miles before ?
jamie would really like ure input..
There should be no reason to remove the PC before taking in to the dealer. Remember the dealer does not make the warranty, the Motor Company does. They cannot deny you warranty coverage due to the install of aftermarket parts unless these certain parts cause a direct failure, but yes I understand some dealers can try to make life miserable in the mean time. If you feel uncomfortable I would recommend re-installing your stock air cleaner and removing the PC before you bring your bike to the dealer. With that being said we do hear speculation and theories but to date I have not one time seen an actual case of an individual being denied warranty for having a PC or similar product installed.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
showm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i see this thread is a couple of months old. there are quite a few on this topic but i figured i'd fire this one back up.

after researching myself since before i even got the bike...i decided to order my fuelmoto package today.

so far, i do have to say thanks to jamie and the guys (and girl) at fuelmoto. my emails were answered promptly and i called them a few times between today and yesterday. it definitely sounds busy in there so between the two days i spoke with keith, jamie, brian, and the lady who sometimes answered the phone.

my biggest drawback was the sound of the mufflers. im not looking for screaming loud but i think i wanted louder than what the dyno tuned jackpots had to offer. i seen a post on here where a bigger baffle could be put in before they were shipped.

so, i went that route. the power package with the larger baffle in the right muffler for more sound.

im sure ill be happy with the sound...probably more than i think i will. i know fuelmoto monitors this so i just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to field my phone calls and emails!!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by showm

my biggest drawback was the sound of the mufflers. im not looking for screaming loud but i think i wanted louder than what the dyno tuned jackpots had to offer. i seen a post on here where a bigger baffle could be put in before they were shipped.

so, i went that route. the power package with the larger baffle in the right muffler for more sound.

im sure ill be happy with the sound...probably more than i think i will. i know fuelmoto monitors this so i just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to field my phone calls and emails!!!!!

Ya know I think I need to have someone else ride my scoot down the road and back. I still think the D/T Jackpots are quiet. But my wife insists that they are louder than the Rinehart slip-ons I had on my 08. And that they are deeper as well. Every time we are in the cage riding somewhere and a scoot goes by I ask her if it was louder than mine.

Quick Reply: Took the plunge - Fuel Moto package on the way