Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chirpless mode - Smart Siren II

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Chirpless mode - Smart Siren II

Has anyone ever come up with the answer for Chirpless mode for the Smart Siren II, I know the manual has a procedure but can't get it to work. I tried it many times and could not get it to work and have searched and have not found anyone else who got it to work.

I also have the pager but that has nothing to do with activating the Smart Siren II the silent option if for the pager itself, at least thats how I read it.

This is for the Smart Siren II only.

BTW installed on 09 FLHR, install was plug and play.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
BlackFLHR
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

I too am VERY interested in getting it to go into "chirpless mode". I have an 09 FLHRC that came with security system from the factory. I installed the Smart Siren II about 2 months ago. Just today I decided I'd like to turn the arm/disarm chirp off. Just like you, I tried the procedure in the manual several times, but it doesn't work! I searched the forums, and it looks like many people with the Smart Siren II have this issue; but nobody has found (or at least posted) a resolution to the problem.

I just called 4 local HD dealers and asked their Service dept if they knew anything about it. All said this was the first they've heard about not being able to disable the chirp. They said everyone likes the chrip, and hasn't heard of anyone wanting to get rid of it. However, one did offer to call HD's tech line on Tuesday to ask them about it.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
JGroves
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have tried to set my Smart Siren II in "chirpless mode" many times according to the manuel. I've thought about taking the siren off so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't know why you guys would want to disable the chirp. It sort of gives my bike an animated quality, similar to a giant cricket. We have those in the S. LA swamps, BTW, and they eat livestock. The gators are terrified of them, so the bike works double-duty as a gator repellant. Just a heads-up for you guys in gator country.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

For what I can see only the owners manual makes reference to ths Chirpless Mode and it does not specify which alarm.

The description for the Smart Siren II does not mention a Chirpless Mode", the transport mode works fine I use it when cleaning the bike etc..

This is what the catalog says:

"Security and convenience in one. The Harley-Davidson® Smart Siren II combines the functionality of the smart siren and pager transmitter into one easy-to-install unit. Featuring a built in back-up power supply, the siren and transmitter functions will continue to operate even if the wires are cut or the vehicle battery is disconnected. When combined with the Pager Receiver II (sold separately), the integrated FM transmitter can warn of tampering up to 1/2 mile away. Smart Siren II features an enhanced sound chamber, a redesigned internal battery access cover, and ultra low power consumption during the standby mode. When activated, the Security System Fob arm and disarm commands are confirmed with a chirp feature. Smart Siren II is certified for use in North America."

Chirpless mode for Smart Siren II I think is a myth, I'm hoping to be told that I'm wrong.

There are those times I don't want to broadcast that I have an alarm installed.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine doesn't chirp- and yes it's a Smart Siren II- I installed it a few days ago.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
Mine doesn't chirp- and yes it's a Smart Siren II- I installed it a few days ago.
Are you sure it's working? Just asking.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you read the owners manual. It only has chirpless mode for international bike. I tried the procedure forever until I read the next paragraph.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I installed mine it did not chirp. I had to read the fine print in the instructions to get to chirp...I don't remember the exact procedure but it was a combination of disarming the system and some turns of the ignition/acc switch. I think I still have the directions and will have to look.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Mental
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried this several times by the owners manual instructions without success, until I turned it back on one more time after the system armed itself.

I dont have the book in front of me now, but from memory:
1. You start with the ignition ON and the alarm deactivated
2. Turn ign OFF wait for the system to arm itself
3. Immediately turn ign ON and wait for alarm to deactivate
4. immediately turn ign OFF and wait for alarm to activate
5. Immediately turn ign ON and wait for the no beep! (or beep depending)

This worked on my 09 EGC, hope this helps.

-Mental

Quick Reply: Chirpless mode - Smart Siren II