Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reach seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 02:22 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master

I'm 6'6" is their anything for tall peoples needs

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:06 PM
machpilot
Road Captain

does what its supposed to...just a real UGLY seat....

Originally Posted by hdbe
any good or bad comments after you installed a reach seat on a 08 UC?

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:22 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gary_montague
I thought the reach seat was very close to the comfort stitch that comes on the bike.

Two different seats. The Comfort Stitch is a big plush seat.....very comfortable for an hour or two.......then the monkey butt starts sitting in.

The Reach (or close reach) is a low profile, narrower in the nose and puts the rider a couple inches closer to the bars.

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:25 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDSAE60
Check with meancitycycles he will take care of it for ya. You still may need forward controls.

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:46 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HDSAE60

Do you have to duck down in the shower just to wash your hair? Only a tall person would know that. I'm 6'4". Not sure where you live but if you're in Calif. I'd suggest taking a ride to Hollister on a Sat. and have Corbin make you a seat.

If not, you'll find their seats still give you about 1 1/2" more than other seats. Their main complaint is that they move you to far back from the bars. I bought one from a friend that had only been used a couple of rides........for that same reason.

Find somebody with your model of bike with a Corbin and sit on it and check it out.

Old 02-25-2009 | 04:03 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

I enjoy My reach seat. I have a 30" inseam and find it comfortable. I haven't clock but a few hundred miles on it...but it was all in one trip and it felt fine! I agree tho about having one made or built to suit...that's the optimum way to go!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 02-25-2009 | 04:08 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master

Originally Posted by Open Road
Do you have to duck down in the shower just to wash your hair? Only a tall person would know that. I'm 6'4". Not sure where you live but if you're in Calif. I'd suggest taking a ride to Hollister on a Sat. and have Corbin make you a seat.

If not, you'll find their seats still give you about 1 1/2" more than other seats. Their main complaint is that they move you to far back from the bars. I bought one from a friend that had only been used a couple of rides........for that same reason.

Find somebody with your model of bike with a Corbin and sit on it and check it out.
yea I also stand on my knees or I can't reach the sink for the dishes

Old 02-25-2009 | 04:53 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain

i couldn't tell from the catalog pics, as they looked like the same seat.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:19 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member

I had a Reach seat installed at delivery along with teh Profile lowering kits. I have a 27 inch inseam and find the seat very comfortable. I just don't care for the twins all sitting on the gas tank!

Old 02-25-2009 | 06:38 PM
cycletrash98
Cruiser
Thumbs down I didn't like mine

I bought a new ultra in 08 , i had a reach seat put on it upon deliver, which i found out i did not like it. I was closer to the heat and on the 08 model is an issue. So after a couple weeks i put the stock seat back on. As a matter of fact i am willing to sell my reach to any one interrested . save you some money

Quick Reply: reach seat