Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too Short

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM
woodeyewetzel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Too Short

Is there anyone out there 5'6" tall or less riding a Ultra. How did you lower your bike to keep your feet flat on the ground.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Although im 5'8, I had Meancitycycles.com redo my stock UC seat. They reform the seat where the seat and tank come together so its a lot narrower, and they took out about 1/2 inch in height which they said is all they can take out on the 09 due to seatpan construction. Also you can do the Low Profile suspension front and back that HD has. Going this way will help while retaining the ride quality and comfort like the stock bike.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
ozzyg
Intermediate

I am 5-6 and just had my 2008 EG Classic seat redone at MeanCity Cycle. I also have had the front and rear shocks lowered with the HD kitsthey sell. I put the seat on last Friday and I can just barely flat foot it now while sitting. Before all this only the ***** of my feet would touch. If I wear my Harley boots ( with nice thick soles ) I am comfortable. But in street shoes with thinner soles I still don't quite have enough contact surface on the ground to back up easily. But way better than stock setup.

Without the lowering kits and modified seat I could flat foot it with a passenger on board. But without a passenger I was always on the ***** of my feet at stop signs. Again the toughest part was backing up and if there was any sort of incline then it was really tough.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
MACHD03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by woodeyewetzel
Is there anyone out there 5'6" tall or less riding a Ultra. How did you lower your bike to keep your feet flat on the ground.
5' 6'' no problems the way it is. Not flat footed, but still no problems.

Mac

Old 02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MACHD03

Mac
yea, its funny you say that, because after i rode for a while i wasnt going to mess with the seat either. I did it more than anything to have them put the memory foam in the seat and it helped for long rides. Really its better to just put your left foot down anyway so that your covering the rear brake while at lights like i read about how motorcops do it. However you i do pay attention to how i park my bike because it can be a bear pushing that thing around. But all in all its worth it for the ride.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHD03

Mac
+1. I've only got a 30" inseam and can't get both feet down flat but find my '09 so well balanced it doesn't matter a bit.
I also avoid wearing thin-soled shoes

Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

i ride 90%of the time with my feet on the boards so i just tough it out the other 10% of the time

Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I have a 29" inseam and I did the Harley Shocks and Front end, am flatfooted on level Ground...Love the way it rides lowered also. Had the lower Progressive 440's on my 97 RK.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

I'm 5'5" had a 05' Classic with 1" lower springs front, 11.5" progressives rear, Lepera seat with boots I was flat footed. I now ride a 08' SG 1" lower front, stock shocks cut down to 11" to keep the air ride and a Danny Gray seat. Still flat footed.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm 5' 4" with a 27" inseam and I ride an '08 Electra Glide Standard, same bike. She is lowered with H-D profile kits front and rear and sports a Reach seat. I wear boots with a 1.25" high heel and I flat foot it with ease!

Quick Reply: Too Short