Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many Geezers have installed true-track or Sputhe??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Tru Track on mine and made a big difference, but still got the wobble when I really pushed hard. Wobble again got worse as tires wore down. This winter I bought chassis alignment tools (Georges Garage) and ended up adjusting upper motor mount almost 1/8" to get aligned. Haven't had a chance to really check it out (just had it dyno'd yesterday) but does feel good. I wonder how well these bikes are aligned from the factory.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:28 PM
khyber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TWR Missing Link; big difference in handling, well worth the money spent. I think I've read the other 4K posts on this subject and the overall gist is....they all do what they are designed to. Decide if you want one that hangs below the oil pan (I didn't) or not, then get one.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyeglideman
Not sure that was the best way to get help. See, I even added two smiley faces which makes my nasty reply to you just a little bit nicer.

I think RBJones' point is valid.
His point wasn't valid, he was being a ***** and I chose not to let him bother me.
Surely in your year and a half as a member here you must have seen one of the weekly/monthly threads about this topic and/or you are familiar with the search feature. Yes, nefore you say anything, I know I am not a moderator nor do I have some secret desire to become one.
As a matter of fact, I joined this forum because I wanted to see if anyone was as concerned about the handling as myself and if there was a fix for it.

However, I am not sure what you are trying to find out from your original post and as I read down through this thread, I was prepared to offer you a page of information based on my personal analysis and experience with putting these devices on three bikes currently in my garage. However, I am certain it would fall on def ears since you seem to know everything. Good luck.

The "point" of the thread was fairly clear to people that read and understand English, I wanted a headcount. I'll mark you down as one.
Thanks.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Tru Track on mine and made a big difference, but still got the wobble when I really pushed hard. Wobble again got worse as tires wore down. This winter I bought chassis alignment tools (Georges Garage) and ended up adjusting upper motor mount almost 1/8" to get aligned. Haven't had a chance to really check it out (just had it dyno'd yesterday) but does feel good. I wonder how well these bikes are aligned from the factory.
Isn't there some kind of waiver they (missing link manufacturers) make you sign if you ride in British Columbia? (The only place in North America with roads so twisty they don't allow full length tractor-trailers in the province)
Seriously, good point about proper driveline alignment.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:05 AM
tarheelrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TWR on my ultra.
Sniper I enjoy reading about all the improvements people have made on their bikes. Plus it gives new members some info that they might not ordinarily know about.
Tarheelrdr

Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 AM
rkride
Cruiser

I have the Progressive touring link sitting on my desk and plan on installing it this saturday. I went with the progressive link because I did not want to tie up my dogbone - plan on putting on a centerstand in the future. Sniper, I think redundant posts are great because you allways can gleam new information.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Opossum
Cruiser

I had the Tru Trac on the 03 FLHT and put it on the 08 Ultra, it's one of the best mods on either bike. That and addin the Dunlop Elite 3's made all the diff in the world.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I had the True-Track installed Saturday morning. The mechanic did a very thorough and complete job of installing, adjusting, and test-riding.

I have put about 200 miles on it since. All I can say is that this is money WELL-SPENT. This is how the bike should be from the factory. I'm not bitching, just saying. It seems as if a bit of slop that was always there is gone. And I expect never to have that rear-steer again. Handling improved in all ways from take off to hard turns. It's just tight and right.

Thanks for the nudge guys. This is one mod I won't do without. I'd put it on any Dyna until the MoCo ponies up with three braces.

Last edited by Robert Le Gras; 03-02-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I did 500 miles over two days this week, in strong crosswinds all the time. I believe that the True-Track helped me maneuver the bike through the wind in an improved fashion. I just forgot about all other handling aspects, they've been very "tight and right" since the True-Track was installed. I'm so glad I have this and would recommend it to any Dyna rider who has handling concerns.

Last edited by Robert Le Gras; 03-11-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:15 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RBJones
Aren't there about 4,000 threads on this forum about the same topic?
Probably closer to 5,000 and as long as inquisitive people here in the forum ask...and us regulars who enjoy answering those questions...WE WON'T THROW THEM UNDER THE BUS!

Tolerance to these questions are what these forums are all about. Be a good neighbor and if you're gonna throw a comment like that out...show them where to look...or answer then tell them how to do a search! But in the case of sniper77...he's a veteran of these boards and most assuredly would like an honest question answered without a relative newcomer answer like that!

Just My Opinion.

Ride Safe, Mike

Quick Reply: How many Geezers have installed true-track or Sputhe??