Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who pays what

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting the cams timing marks lined up is pretty simple and I would think that if the bike was runing good when it went in he took the cams out replaced the tensioners and then it would not run than he should have pulled them back out and checked them because it would be pretty obvious it was some thing related to the work performed. That being said if he is willing to refund some labor, take it and concider it done. It will be hard to prove in court. The reality is that it is a easy job and you probably paid both of them to much to do the work a service manual an a couple hours in the garage probably would have saved you alot of agravation and probably time and money if you concider two trips to the indy and one to the dealer. There are many here to help with small projects like this with good info and sugestions if you should need help in the future with things such as this.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
rfultra
Road Master

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Smart thing to do when the dealer found the misaligned parts would have been to have them STOP, you call the indy and find out how he wanted to handle the situation.

Coming in after the fact and expecting him to believe what the dealer found with no proof is gonna be kinda tough.
Hog doc, you took the words out of my mouth.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
comaman2
Banned

if itook my bike in running i expect it to be running when it comes out,i would not of payed the indy one red cent until the bike was fixed to my liking,you have to stand up to this kind of crap,the indy is the one that should of taken the bike to the harley shop not you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by comaman2
if itook my bike in running i expect it to be running when it comes out,i would not of payed the indy one red cent until the bike was fixed to my liking,you have to stand up to this kind of crap,the indy is the one that should of taken the bike to the harley shop not you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After reading the thread I was wondering why it took so long for someone to say it. Why did you pay the indy in the first place? It ran when you took it to him and now it doesn't?

I'd take the receipt from the dealer to him that states what they found and cross your fingers. If he is a stand up guy he will reimburse you for his mistake.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me crazy, but the dealer was only supposed to 'investigate' the problem correct? Last time I checked, service cannot go beyond what is stated on the service order. Doing the top end without your authorization is 'on the dealer' in my opinion.

That would be like having some indy do a transmission flush on your car, paying for the job then having issues with the car staying in gear, so you take it to the dealer. Once at the dealer, you tell the dealer to do a diagnostic.

The dealer does the diagnostic and they end up doing a complete transmission rebuild and charge you $2200 for the job.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Let me get this straight: You went to a non-authorized Harley mechanic, that may or may not have ‘not fixed a problem’ you were having with your 8 year old Harley.....and you want to sue somebody ?????? I don’t get you people.