Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander 111

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
caseyleiser
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool power commander 111

I have a 103 c.i. ultra wth screamin eagle air filter, vance & hines monster mufflers and power commander 111. Can I take the p.c. 111 off and run it like that, or will I screw something up. I get better mileage without it and it runs smoother. Can,t retune it cause the bike came to me with no disc or instructions about the power commander. Any info will be gratly appreciated.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to www.powercommander.com and you can download the software and user guides. Then you can download a different map and load it to the power commander. You should not take off the power commander as your bike will run too lean with the free flowing intake and exhaust. Having it properly tuned would probably do it wonders. If you choose to have it dyno tuned, tell your tuner you want better MPG and he can build you a map for that.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:23 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I found out By Dyno and Inspection that the Big Sucker and a set of Monster Ovals do not make your bike run lean...your system will adjust itself back to the 14.7 ratio! Amaze me...I didn't belive it but Dyno numbers and the State Inspection wand doesn't lie! and they don't play here in NC.

+1 to 09SG...He's absolutely right about going to the website and finding a MAP for you. Mine came already downloaded into My PC-V and I couldn't be more happier! Only issue I disliked was cramming all the wires and connection up top versus under the right side cover cause I have ABS!

Don't give up on the PC yet! DynoJet or Fule Moto will help you with your questions. Both have excellant staffs!

Ride Safe and See Ya'll at Daytona Bike Week on the 1st! Mike

Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 PM
caseyleiser
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p.c.111

Thanks for the quick responses s.g.medic & 09 s.g. I,ll go with your suggestions and check the dynajet website. With any luck I,ll have it fixed up come spring. Thanks again.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

*** deleted duplicate message ***

Last edited by iclick; 02-22-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
Actually I found out By Dyno and Inspection that the Big Sucker and a set of Monster Ovals do not make your bike run lean...your system will adjust itself back to the 14.7 ratio! Amaze me...I didn't belive it but Dyno numbers and the State Inspection wand doesn't lie! and they don't play here in NC.
What did you do to get the bike back to stoich (14.7:1 AFR)? The bike won't revert to that AFR unless you re-attach the O2 sensors, remove the PC from the mix, or zero the PC map. The latter two don't guarantee stoich but will get you close. I'm assuming an '07 or later bike with the stock narrow-band closed-loop system.

The problem of taking the PC out of the mix isn't so much idle or the cruise range, likely the only area checked by your state inspection station. If you leave your bike in this condition without an EFI controller or the HD Stage 1 download it will not run optimally. Indeed, it won't run optimally with the HD download, but at least it will be "legal" as regards emissions.

I wouldn't advise anyone to remove their PC to improve mileage without a sense of what AFR's you'll be running after the fact. You could be putting the bike above acceptable limits and at minimum it will hurt performance.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by caseyleiser
I have a 103 c.i. ultra wth screamin eagle air filter, vance & hines monster mufflers and power commander 111. Can I take the p.c. 111 off and run it like that, or will I screw something up. I get better mileage without it and it runs smoother. Can,t retune it cause the bike came to me with no disc or instructions about the power commander. Any info will be gratly appreciated.
You can retune the PCIII by just downloading the PC software here. Tutorials and manuals are also available here. You'll get better ideas on tuning the PC for mileage here by doing a search.

As I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't recommend disconnecting the PC without some idea of what AFR's will result, as you may be unacceptably lean, and that will at minimum hurt performance and may cause engine damage under certain extreme situations.

As for downloading another map from the PC website, you may get no resolution by doing that since the map already installed may be the same thing or similar. Their maps are not tuned for mileage, but emphasize performance, response, and cooling. The key to this problem if you're otherwise happy with your map is to make some strategic changes to it in the right places.

Last edited by iclick; 02-22-2009 at 02:33 PM.