Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Cop Bike Reliability ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoadKingCop
I've voiced my opinion on this before. Cops bikes are ridden pretty hard. The break-in periods aren't typically observed. They are ridden to red line quite often going after speeders. They aren't warmed up before being ridden hard. They are dumped in training. And if other departments are anything like OURS, the vehicle maintenance shops are city-run and SUCK. So I say AVOID ex-police bikes. You can't use the little red switches anyways.

Ben
Appreciate your response but you can use those little red switches! I obtained the lower handlebar switch housings off a police bike and wired my horn on my old softail to the not so little red siren switch.

It was great having a horn where it should be right under my thumb and it would work in either direction. Would love to do it again on my SG but I ain't' giving up the radio controls for the pleasure.

You make some really good points about city service vs dealer service.