Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Seener84
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple pics of mine. 14" light smoke.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here's my pics, I hope.

I have the 13" on mine and probably could have gone a little higher since I'm 6'3" but I still like it.

Attached Thumbnails New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield-cee-baileys-ssc-004.jpg   New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield-cee-baileys-ssc-005.jpg   New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield-cee-baileys-ssc-007.jpg   New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield-cee-baileys-ssc-008.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 AM
odie-in-az
Tourer

I'm 5'7" and ordered a 9" dark tint last week. I'm getting antsy waiting. Gonna post pics and report when it comes in. Under $100 with shiping included. Too cool!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It shouldn't take long they ship pretty fast !!!

Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been eyeing the Cee Bailey's shield myself. Do you notice any changes in handling or buffeting on the batwing? These shields are supposed to create more downforce and greater stability with the front end.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Seener84
Tourer

Originally Posted by NavyPT
I've been eyeing the Cee Bailey's shield myself. Do you notice any changes in handling or buffeting on the batwing? These shields are supposed to create more downforce and greater stability with the front end.
I thought that the stability and such was gonna be a bunch of BS, but bought one for the wind protection anyways. I can happily say that the bike really does handle better now. Especially passing semis on the highway. I couldnt ride with both hands off the bars on highway before and track perfectly straight, but now I can. It really is a great improvement over stock. Highly recommended.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I got a 9" and havent been impressed. More wind noise, different buffeting, wife even commented that she is getting more wind in back. I was also disappointed with the color. I ordered the dark grey and what I got looks more like dark bronze. I emailed them but have not gotten a response in over a week.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

i ordered a 12 inch for my SG, I am not impressed, the wind buffering is still pretty bad at 55 to 65 and more wind noise, think i will try a clearview and see how that one works out

Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

I couldn't make up my mind between Clearview or Cee Bailey SSC EURO. Then Cee Bailey had a 20% off deal on presidents day. So I bought 15'' SSC EURO CLEAR for my Roadglide. I put it on this past weekend. I was pretty skeptical until I took it for ride.

Damned if it didn't work and do what I wanted. I wanted the top of the shield about 1'' lower than the stock shield, yep it is. I wanted to be able to hear the radio better. Even at 80 mph I can hear the radio at about half volume. I did the test ride with a half helmet and my glasses did not get buffeted as bad as the stock shield. At normal speeds there was almost no movement and at 80, only a slight movement.

I made sure that I rode in a crosswind and directly into the wind. So far I am satisfied. I also think the Cee Bailey has a higher cool factor than the Clearview. That is why I was having a hard time making a decision. I liked the looks of the Cee Bailey better than the Clearview. I do wish the Cee Bailey was as thick as the Clearviews.

sporty06

Old 02-24-2009, 12:54 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I've got a 13", 12" and 10" SSC. I had a 9" but it didn't work for me, (looked the best but didn't work.) Keep in mind these windshields are equivilent to a standard shaped windshield that is 3"s shorter, i.e., the 9" is really a 6" shield. It doesn't surprise me that it didn't work for the user in the earlier post. I will say that I'm surprised that the those that have anything taller than a 10" aren't thrilled with it though. The 10" for me protects better with smoother air than any standard shaped 7", and looks pretty sleek with it's opaque finish. The 12" still looks pretty sleek with it's slant back design and adds a considerable amount more protection. The 13" starts to get a bit too big and swoopy for my tastes as far as looks go...but NOTHING works to protect against turbulence and buffetting like it for me. I'm 6" btw. Great products and IF you like the looks or can even accept the looks for long rides, I think most will find there is no better protection.

Quick Reply: New Cee Bailey's SSC Windshield