Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour packs..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
round550
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tour packs..........

Have an 08 streetglide,lookin into a tour pack.Head'n to Sturgis and need some more storage space.Was wondering what kind of packs some of you guys with streetglides are using.Want it to be detatchable for sure.Wasn't sure about the docking hardware either.Wanted something that looked clean and not like a growth on the back of my bike.Any imput would be great .... THANKS FELLOWS.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost bought the detatch king tour pack... but I didnt care for the bracket that is needed for that setup. You have to relocate the radio antenna and the bracket actually (from what I have been told) goes into the two holes on the rear (bag filler area) of the bike and I just didnt care for the looks of the bracket when the tour pack was removed. Do you have a passenger backrest? If so I know they make a lot of bags that hook onto that... I wasnt sure if you were riding 2up or just you...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Not sure about the Street Glide but like the King Tour pack #53116-97DH with Quick Detach for my 08 EGS, matches my Quick Detach Back Rest can swap them out in 2 mins or less...

Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by round550
Have an 08 streetglide,lookin into a tour pack.Head'n to Sturgis and need some more storage space.Was wondering what kind of packs some of you guys with streetglides are using.Want it to be detatchable for sure.Wasn't sure about the docking hardware either.Wanted something that looked clean and not like a growth on the back of my bike.Any imput would be great .... THANKS FELLOWS.
Chopped or King, all tour packs detract from a bike's looks. So I figured it might as well be as practical as possible.

The King is very roomy, comes off in seconds and leaves no trace behind other than the barely noticeable four-point mounting dock.

Last edited by Twinrider; 02-20-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Always remember, when not running the tourPak, it takes all of 5 minutes to remove the docking hardware and re-install the original or chrome bolts...

I do this with the wifes Deluxe all the time..she wants the bags and tourpak on trips, but around town, she wants the cleaner look..

Old 02-20-2009, 02:58 AM
rkride
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the looks of your RK with the tour pack but do you have any pictures of how it looks with it off and the mount left on.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have custom pak and bags made by alligator bob. Italian leather and alligator insets. I switched to hard bags... if interested let me know. They are drop dead beautiful if you want leather. Nothiing like them out there.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rkride
I like the looks of your RK with the tour pack but do you have any pictures of how it looks with it off and the mount left on.
I don't have any pics of the back of the bike, will try to get one for you.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 853 Likes on 643 Posts

If it will be used for travel only.
May wish to consider the travel bags that slip over the passenger backrest.
Several packages available that have the big bag and then the tube one that you can place on top.
some advantages: $, easier to store when not used..
several styles available: consider synthetic as it is easier to maintain..may consider the "new" ones with wheels...

Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Had a King Tour Pak on my Street Glide. While the Chopped does look better, the King holds more. And holding stuff is the only reason I added it.

Quick Reply: Tour packs..........