Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saving money with Chicago Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a Fork Brace from them and was waiting for over a month. I finally cancelled it and found it myself in San Antoine. I have ordered parts from both them and Zanotti's and you get quick ship from Z but wait about week normally on CH.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 out of 3 orders from CHD have been "special". I am currently waiting on a dual controller and a luggage bag that fits on the tour pak. Ordered on Jan 26 and the items are finally in transit to arrive on Feb 21. Good thing I'm not in a hurry,

Old 02-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skulz1
Do they offer 20% off purchases?
Yes they do and not only HD. They also offer it on Kury and most other aftermarket parts. They will have to be ordered but it never seemed to take long.

Rick

Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 AM
bjryman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suspect that the notifications (special order, 7-10 days delivery, etc.) are all "boilerplate" language on the auto response portion of the web site. Happens all the time.

Let's face it folks, the reason we get the 20% discount is that the dealer does NOT need to invest in the inventory....it's that simple. Let me place orders with the manufacturer, have them delivered to end user, and give a discount? I'd do it every day. That's essentially how much of Ebay works.

On another note, I order all the time via internet from Southside Harley in Indianapolis. Just for the convienence, not the price. Every item is ordered from factory if I order on line (using HD catalog), but many of the items I could pick up in store. I have never had an order that was placed Monday morning by my dealer take longer than Thursday to arrive at the dealership. Then I just pick it up on the way home from work that day.

There are trade offs to everything. You want price you give up, perhaps, availability or timeliness. Typical in all businesses except when they have special promotional sales or closeouts.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Just buy from Zanotti's and forget about it. 20% all the time as well...........and they will actually check to see if they have it in stock before they order it.
https://www.zanottimotor.com/

I've herad complaints that Chicago will sell 'your special order part' to a walk in customer if the timing is right. Then reorder another one for you. You are waiting anyway. Why do they care.

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 02-20-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 16 orders from Chicago HD since August '08 that total between $3000 and $4000. I figure I've saved $600-$800 plus 8.5% sales tax. If I have to wait a couple weeks so what!! Every single order has been correct and some have been delivered within a week. I've never ordered ANYTHING that I couldn't live without for a couple of weeks. If some of you guys are so impatient that you would rather give your hard earned money away to local dealers who could give a $hit less about you than save big bucks then go for it. For me I'll stick with Chicago HD.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Just buy from Zanotti's and forget about it. 20% all the time as well...........and they will actually check to see if they have it in stock before they order it.
https://www.zanottimotor.com/

I've herad complaints that Chicago will sell 'your special order part' to a walk in customer if the timing is right. Then reorder another one for you. You are waiting anyway. Why do they care.
A vivid black King Tour Pac at Zanotti's is $594 and it's $560 at Chicago HD. Don't believe Zanotti's is 20% on ALL items.

Last edited by hawg08; 02-20-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg08
I've never ordered ANYTHING that I couldn't live without for a couple of weeks. If some of you guys are so impatient that you would rather give your hard earned money away to local dealers who could give a $hit less about you than save big bucks then go for it. For me I'll stick with Chicago HD.
One of the points being made here is Chicago isn't the only 20% off dealer. There are others who more often than not ship faster.

Rick

Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Just buy from Zanotti's and forget about it. 20% all the time as well....
They aren't 20% off but use a cost-plus pricing system. I've seen them anywhere from 35%-off to 5% over MSRP, and everywhere in between. Most of the time they're cheaper than Chicago HD and it's best to check both before ordering.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:33 PM
bikertrashice
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chicago HD - I've been very happy with them. Our South Florida (Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) dealers (Peterson and pigRossmeyer won't discount anything, anytime, except maybe Peterson's when you buy a new bike). I very much appreciate Chicago HD and they have never let me down. Parts show up fairly fast and my order has always been accurate. I break even on the shipping with the sales tax savings. When I do go to my local store its 50/50 on them having the item in stock, even very common parts.

Ice
USMVMC Fla #1

Quick Reply: saving money with Chicago Harley