Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saving money with Chicago Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live near the Illinois/Wisconsin border so I find the lowest coast from all the dealers around and then on the larger $ orders ask the local if they will match the price. Normally they do.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timbakersr
Chicago Harley offers 20% off everything all the time. Great till you buy something from them. I ordered something two weeks ago only to find that everything had to be special ordered. They say it takes 5-10 days to get them then they send it to you. Of course they charge your credit card right away!
So I ordered something again yesterday thinking that was a one time thing... nope got the same email as last time all two items I want had to be special ordered.
Everything I ordered are items all dealers have in stock and many of them. Without listing the items here I assure you they are nothing special.
So my point is I'm not gonna split hairs and worry about saving a nickle anymore I will just go to my local shop and pay the darn price and get it now.
Waiting two weeks everytime for something from them forget it! I think they do it on purpose as a way of saving money from stocking items.
They got us coming and going I'm afraid.
I agree 100%! I found that I can save $ purchasing items locally. I can go to any Harley dealer in my area and get 10% off just by asking and not pay shipping.

Attached Thumbnails saving money with Chicago Harley-dsc04566r.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can get a pretty reasonable deal at my local dealer. If I am a member of the local HOG chapter, I get 15% percent off all parts, clothes and memorabilia. Annual membership is $9.00, so it seldom makes more sense to buy from an internet store. I'll take a look at Zanottis though and see how things compare.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Come on... have you never heard of a phone... you can always call Chicago Harley internet sales and check have them check stock before you order if you want it NOW...

If you want to save money like I do... I wait... They have saved me well over 1500.00 bucks over dealer prices over the years....

Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

20% off + you save 10% additional from not paying California sales tax... I always order from Chicago HD. It's worth the wait for me.

Heck I just order a bunch of clothes from them today...You can't beat their prices.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

I've been using CHD for years and I have nothing but good things to say. I live in California and I expect to wait a few days (ussualy 5 days for them to get it and 5 to get to me) Not a problem, I've saved a ton of money over the years and i can not recall ever having a problem. The few times I've had to return a item (ussualy due to my mistake) there has never a question asked............. Rich

Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I shop three different internet dealers. I compare prices and shipping and order from whomever has the lower total.

Always remember, these places are able to save you that 20+% BECAUSE they don't have to handle and stock everything. If they have to handle it, the price WILL go up..Handling takes people, People cost Dollars...

If I need it right now, I'll go local, but I have far too often gone local and still had to wait for it to be ordered. may as well save money and wait for Chicago then to give more $ to the local dealer.

I tend to plan my purchases far in advance, unless something breaks. I don't do impulse buys for bling on the bikes. I much prefer to think over what I want, and find the best I can to fit the bill

Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd rather save the money and wait. I've had NO problems with them and just expect to wait. Order in advance put the 20% into something else in the bike. It adds up.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 AM
timbakersr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 5 Speed Suicide
Don't mean to hi jack but I plan on ordering some stuff from chicago HD too but have a question. i get all of my part numbers from the harley web sight then enter them in the Chicago HD website. But I've noticed some parts say "In store purchase only". If i order these parts through chicago HD on the internet will they get shipped?
yes, but you can call aswell to make sure.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 AM
timbakersr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2002flstc
Come on... have you never heard of a phone... you can always call Chicago Harley internet sales and check have them check stock before you order if you want it NOW...

If you want to save money like I do... I wait... They have saved me well over 1500.00 bucks over dealer prices over the years....

Not true! I did call them after receiving my first email telling me the parts were special ordered. I then ask if I should call in the future and ask before ordering and he told me it wont do me any good, gave me some double talk saying it doesnt mean it will be there when I place the order AND they couldn't check?? No kidding!
I also ask why my cc was charged before shipping and was told "we have to have the money before we get the parts" Yep thats what he said and very short too.
Called a second time asking why I didn't get the parts yet or a update and again was told "it takes 5-10 days sir to get before shipping.
To big of a volume dealer imo.

Quick Reply: saving money with Chicago Harley