Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
1. With a fixed tour pack, (permanent) hod do you get to the screw to remove your seat?
Same as you would without. Just need a long handled screwdriver. You just need to angle it a little.

2. There must be some obvious "looks" differences between the fixed mount versus the removable one correct?
Yes there is. I personally don't care for the looks of the detachable mounts for this year or the previous years. But if you want the convenience, you need to deal with it.

3. Aren't you guys (with removable ones) worried about someone stealing it off your bike?
I had a master lock that I could use to secure the detachable rack to the rear grab rail on my 08. Felt secure leaving it on there anywhere I went. I wouldn't have using the HD detachable locks. With the 09's I have looked and there doesn't seem to be any way to secure it other than the HD detachable locks.

I guess I'm leaning towards the full sized "ultra" tour pack with the chopped pads on it. maybe add those "speaker pods" I see some have (what brand are they?). I like the thought of having the extra lights on the rear of the bike and like the idea of being able to carry a full size helmet in it too.
King is the way to go. I personally don't like the Ultra version with the lights but to each their own. You can get a full retro fit rear speaker kit from Hogtunes. Cheaper than buying all of the HD stuff.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flipped through the HD Accessory catalog and I found everything I think I would need, except I don't see the mounting bracket and kit for permanent mounting the tour pack. I see the removable brackets, but not the fixed mount ones. Any ideas where they are shown?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I flipped through the HD Accessory catalog and I found everything I think I would need, except I don't see the mounting bracket and kit for permanent mounting the tour pack. I see the removable brackets, but not the fixed mount ones. Any ideas where they are shown?

Probably gonna have to look at the parts book and get a breakdown of everything you need. Don't think they sell a rigid kit for the 09's yet. Stop by your local dealer and they should be able to look it up and get all of the part numbers.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 AM
screws4156
Road Captain

I Have the after market TP About $120.00 or so.... So far no problems..

Attached Thumbnails Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-pict1241.jpg   Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-pict1242.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by screws4156; 03-03-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:13 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I just need a good "sale" now somewhere. If anyone hears of a special sale from Zanottis or Chicago HD or similar, please let me know. Hoping for 20% off and free shipping at minimum.

Also, I went to the HD website and there I found the part number for the fixed bracket to mount the tour pack (for 2009). It listed the number under the tour pack itself. Thanks eveyone for your help and input. Looks like I'll have this by spring now if a sale comes along.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Keith1450
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

08 rg

Attached Thumbnails Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-rg-tour-pac.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Are you guys getting tired of my picture posting??!

Attached Thumbnails Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-bike-mods-3-006.jpg   Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-bike-mods-3-010.jpg   Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-bike-mods-3-015.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Ghosty
Tourer

03 RG with King tour pack and quick disconnect.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM
gdkenoyer
Tourer

Originally Posted by SpdChsr
Benefit of the Ultra [vs. Classic Tour Pak]....you get lights in the back and LEDs on either side for added visibity at night.
This may be year-dependent, but the Classic I purchased for my 05 RG has the side lights.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by shredsurf
Are you guys getting tired of my picture posting??!
What "pad" set is that you have on your tour pack?

Quick Reply: Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs