Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:55 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
The solo rider option will move the tourpack over where the passenger pad would be normally. So the backrest on the trunk is now the riders backrest. I use the passenger seat to hold my bag on trips so I did not want the trunk moved up to my back.
But you could simply put your "soft luggage" on top of the Tour Trunk correct? The real question is, do you also need a "solo" seat or does this fit over the stock 2-up seat? I like the idea for longer touring trips to have it right up behind you like that and I can envision putting a nice T-bag on top of the trunk.

This may be my winter project for next winter, but something tells me I'll have it much sooner then that maybe.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure you can, but I have a custom paint job and no luggage rack on my trunk, so the bag goes on my seat. Plus, it makes it much harder to get into the trunk when you strap a bag onto the lid. I like the easy in/out of the trunk when on my trips. I can stop at a gas station, buy some water and toss it into the trunk.
You also need a solo front seat to do this.
Originally Posted by RODEO
But you could simply put your "soft luggage" on top of the Tour Trunk correct? The real question is, do you also need a "solo" seat or does this fit over the stock 2-up seat? I like the idea for longer touring trips to have it right up behind you like that and I can envision putting a nice T-bag on top of the trunk.

This may be my winter project for next winter, but something tells me I'll have it much sooner then that maybe.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:11 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for all the replies and pictures. ordering the ultra tour pac, rigid mount and chopped back rest

Last edited by ucommbxny; 03-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:38 PM
seldyn1
Tourer
Cool Are you kidding...

Beeracuda... you should be arrested for that load... you must be traveling with a harem!

Last edited by seldyn1; 03-01-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Not mine but IMO this is one of the best looking Road Glides I have ever seen. Still one of my faves.

Forum member Thundercloud's RG

Old 03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
SpdChsr
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing to ponder....the King Tour pack comes as an Ultra (with lights, pre-drilled speaker holes and two antennae mounts) and a Classic (just a box/no lights). They are both the same length and width as the chopped (16"X24") but are 11" tall vs 8" on the chopped. The extra 3" will make Mama happy (yes, pun intended ) and will fit two full-faced helmets. Benefit of the Ultra....you get lights in the back and LEDs on either side for added visibity at night. Drawback of the Ultra....you lose a little bit of space due to the lights being recessed into the pak. To each his own, I suppose. I really like the looks of the chopped pad on the King Tour Pak.....had not thought about that! Hmmmmm....looks like Christmas might come early, ha!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:15 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 605 Likes on 440 Posts

Here's mine. A ultra tour pak with no rear speakers. I wanted to go with a chopped backrest but didn't. I like the way they look though.

Attached Thumbnails Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs-red.jpg  
Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

So do I. I like the idea of a full sized tour pack with the extra lights but with the chopped pads on it. Don't need the speakers either really, as I'm happy with the fairing mounted speakers. Just wish the tour pack wasn't so much darned money though..

Old 03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 605 Likes on 440 Posts

I had to get a backrest of some kind and the cheapest was around $250. So Yea it was expensive about $1050 with all the parts. Not detachable, I installed myself. I would never take it off anyway. To me it balances out the bike with the big fairing on the front. Plus I use it all the time to store my jacket and FF helmet. Paint match was dead on. Got free shipping from lakeshore HD and 20% off.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm really thinking seriously about this now, so a couple of more questions if you all don't mind.

1. With a fixed tour pack, (permanent) hod do you get to the screw to remove your seat?

2. There must be some obvious "looks" differences between the fixed mount versus the removable one correct?

3. Aren't you guys (with removable ones) worried about someone stealing it off your bike?

I guess I'm leaning towards the full sized "ultra" tour pack with the chopped pads on it. maybe add those "speaker pods" I see some have (what brand are they?). I like the thought of having the extra lights on the rear of the bike and like the idea of being able to carry a full size helmet in it too.

Quick Reply: Road glide owners lets see your tour pacs