Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Has a TTS Tuner? Info Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who Has a TTS Tuner? Info Opinions?

Changing from my SERT to the TTS, lots of reading on a different forum and their website, but wondering why I can't even find a thread on here. Got some good info from Dawg which was helpful.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Any tech guys out there who have used them? From what I can see it really gives the tech options that the SERT does not. It seems the way to go to really get the right tune.

Opinions welcome. I'm not dissing the SERT, I've been pretty happy with it, but there are some throttle issues that it cannot address. The New SERT addresses some of the issues but not as many as the TTS.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,137 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Check with Dalton, he got one. Don't know if he has ride time with it though

Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The SERT was made by TTS up until the contract with HD wasn't renewed. Then HD designed thier own SEST, and TTS came out with the Mastertune.

The TTS Mastertune is virutally the same as the SERT, but they added a few upgrades to it that HD would never let them do.

I think in the hands of a good competent tuner, you're going to get just as good of a tune with the SERT as you will with the TTS unit.

Steve

Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Foley Fats
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I changed from the PCIIIB to the TTS Mastertune about two weeks ago, So far, I love it. Fuel mileage has gone up about 4 MPG and was able to calibrate the speedometer and the throttle is more responsive. Bought from Doc at hdmd88@yahoo.com He has been extremely helpful with my install and tweaking it for me.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the fuel section of this forum and look up the post "5 Questions to ask your tuner" Doc1 appears to be the guru with that tuner. Normally, we're more into a fully adaptive closed loop system,with wide band O2's such as the Twin Tec or Zippers auto tune system. I want something that can compensate without having to remap everytime I'm on a trip. We have installed numerous Zippers system (my 07 UC is running the Zippers) and during my travels to as far south to Fla and north to South Dakota, I've had no running issues, plugs perfect, no decel popping or any other driveability issues. The bike was just pulled a part for a motor up grade after 7000 miles and piston, heads and cylinders looked great. I'm in the process of doing to 06 baggers, both running sert systems (not installed by us) and they both were running extremely lean (determined by engine inspection).

Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Excellent information. The Indy that does my tuning has been trained by Doc1, so he has lots of experience with the tts, he says its the better of the two, I guess I'll go that route, just hate to throw out the SERT.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
FLHTim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can send the SERT in for an upgrade to Steve at Mastertune not sure if they are ready to do it yet.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, love it. If you have any EFI experience its a very simple tool. There are more adjustment than you will likely ever use without a dyno..but then again thats what is so great about it - dyno less tuning

be sure to get rid of the throttle lag by setting all the throttle blade adjustments relative to thier appropriate position

Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jcbpa
Excellent information. The Indy that does my tuning has been trained by Doc1, so he has lots of experience with the tts, he says its the better of the two, I guess I'll go that route, just hate to throw out the SERT.
You can sell your SERT with your ECM as a package deal, and make sure the person who buys it agrees to send you their ECM.

That's how I bought my SERT, it came with the guys stock ECM so I just put it in and away I went. I was able to keep my stock ECM since he didn't need one back.

Steve

Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Thanks Maine, I wonder if I can get that to fly? how much does a new ecm go for?

Quick Reply: Who Has a TTS Tuner? Info Opinions?