Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Biker Roadblocks

BEWARE this spring and summer, lots of road blocks targeting bikers, yes its discrimination but you will have to fight for your right's. Upstate NY lookout Suffolk County ......

These whacked out politicians will do anything to take your rights away, now they want to tax every mile you drive or ride and even your boat in the ocean.............with a chip in your inspection sticker.

We just defeated NH exhaust law by sticking together and fighting for what is right.

If we don't stay on top of this you will lose your right to customize your bike, and they will hassle us .....

Here's a idea, how about fighting crime, there's 2 street gangsdealing drugs broad daylight in my neighborhood, na........that's to much work much easier to just hassle law abiding bikers or citizens......

Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
BEWARE this spring and summer, lots of road blocks targeting bikers, yes its discrimination but you will have to fight for your right's. Upstate NY lookout Suffolk County ......

These whacked out politicians will do anything to take your rights away, now they want to tax every mile you drive or ride and even your boat in the ocean.............with a chip in your inspection sticker.

We just defeated NH exhaust law by sticking together and fighting for what is right.

If we don't stay on top of this you will lose your right to customize your bike, and they will hassle us .....

Here's a idea, how about fighting crime, there's 2 street gangsdealing drugs broad daylight in my neighborhood, na........that's to much work much easier to just hassle law abiding bikers or citizens......
Although I'll probably never ride in that area sounds like a bummer. How do you know this is going to happen? A lot of rumors are just that, rumors. I fought daytime headlight laws and helmet laws quite successfully years ago, and found legislators are very interested in hearing what we have to say. If they only hear from the Feds, who will do anything to justify their jobs, they will take the Feds word as gospel. Feds are lazy and stupid and easy to out debate. We come across as colorful, the Feds same ol'. You just have to expose their lies. Yes your government employs lazy, stupid, liars. But I feel sorry for them. Who else would give them a job?

Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Northside, I don't have plans for your area, but I agree everyone is looking for other forms of revenue and unfortunately they are finding it.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,120 Likes on 1,027 Posts

It's not just MA/RI.--- If it works there, It will be coming to a state near you very, very SOON!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
It's not just MA/RI.--- If it works there, It will be coming to a state near you very, very SOON!
Thats saying it lightly, seems like every BS law we have here started in either Fl. or Ca. Have heard the county leo's was going to try some of that here on Nc Hwy 74. A great ride from Asheville to Lake Lure,hoping to catch quit pipes on bikes{lol}

Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 743 Likes on 511 Posts

Damn Commies are everywhere

Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hang on a second, what are the road blocks checking for? Loud Exhaust? Helmets? Drivers License Classification? Not sure, what exactly they are looking for. Wouldnt really call it descrimination... but I agree that it is uncalled for! But, they could do a road block and look for seat belt violations and someone would have a problem with it... I think we need more clarification before we jump the gun on this discrimination thing!!
Give us more info...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

IMHO road blocks are unconstitutional unless a felony has been committed and they have reason to believe the felon may be using the road. And it does not require much PC to think a felon might use a road like everyone else. However, to have a fishing expedition allegedly looking for seat belt violations, loud exhausts, lack of insurance, etc is unconstitutional IMO and I know the courts do not agree with me so don't waste your time preaching to me.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 PM
WADELL
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
IMHO road blocks are unconstitutional unless a felony has been committed and they have reason to believe the felon may be using the road. And it does not require much PC to think a felon might use a road like everyone else. However, to have a fishing expedition allegedly looking for seat belt violations, loud exhausts, lack of insurance, etc is unconstitutional IMO and I know the courts do not agree with me so don't waste your time preaching to me.
Does your comment include DWI check points also? Just asking. JMO, Just to stop someone for no reason just because we ride is a waste of time and money. But on the other hand, if they catch someone drinking or using drugs, then I agree with the stops. Don't won't to be in the obituries in the paper because of some idiot.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
wbeem
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road blocks have to stop everyone, not just one segment of the driving population. I'd be curious how they block the bikers and not the cars.

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks