Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Pahlease!

If you are under the influence in the slightest ... YOU have no business behind a wheel ... PERIOD! If anything ...THAT in itself is unconstitutional. You have no right to put anyone else at risk.

You feel it's your right to drink and drive or it's unconstitutional to try to prevent others from doing so? ... There are those who have lost their loved ones due to someone else's similar absurd "just a few won't cause any harm" reasoning may beg to differ. You don't have to be fall down stink'n drunk to be a hazard out there.

Granted, accidents happen ... that's why they call 'em accidents. Most often, there isn't even alcohol involved. Problem is, as soon as you knowingly or otherwise operate a motor vehicle while under that influence, your chances of being involved in an accident increases. You have deminished your own right to drive on a public highway...It's not the police or the law. Let's lay blame where blame is due.
What you fail to realize is that some drinkers are responsible and others are idiots, we've all seen plenty of both. Ever heard of the phrase "instant azzhole, just add alchohol."? Ferchristsakes, there are many that become tipsy after ONE beer let alone two or six! That is why I'm a firm believer in roadside sobriety testing, IMO it's a much better indicator than blood alchohol level of whether or not a driver should be behind the wheel.
I guess me and my entire gainfully employed, educated, taxpaying, country serving, law abiding, church going, extended family; aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, cousins and siblings are all irresponsible POS's because every single one of them drinks some beer or wine at family picnics, weddings, dinner parties & holiday celebrations and then gets in their car and drives home????
I guess I'm a terrible father too then cuz every single sunday morning I drive home with my wife & seven kids in the family van after drinking (gasp) wine?

Old 02-19-2009, 05:47 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Got nothing to do with rock concerts or ballgames, it's harrassment" plain and simple and a way to make money............for city and states.

Why not stop every car with 20 inch rims and tinted windows playing rap music????

You want to stick up for LEO'S do it on another thread............this is about being hassled and our rights being targeted, nothing to do with DWI roadblocks for all cagers and bikers
which I support. Its about being targeted for no good reason except to make money...
In case you haven't noticed, this is an open forum ... a friendly discussion, a debate. Perhaps YOU are in the wrong place. May I suggest that you open a "Showdown" forum for all that are in your favour. Then, your feelings won't get hurt when someone disagrees with you.

Pfffttt! Now I have heard of EVERYTHING!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely! They plan this stuff strategically. But, I don't believe it's the diabolical plan YOU think it is.
diabolical plan? no more a public relations plan..... do what ever it takes to look good to John Q. for the least expense

Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
What you fail to realize is that some drinkers are responsible and others are idiots, we've all seen plenty of both. Ever heard of the phrase "instant azzhole, just add alchohol."? Ferchristsakes, there are many that become tipsy after ONE beer let alone two or six! That is why I'm a firm believer in roadside sobriety testing, IMO it's a much better indicator than blood alchohol level of whether or not a driver should be behind the wheel.
I guess me and my entire gainfully employed, educated, taxpaying, country serving, law abiding, church going, extended family; aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, cousins and siblings are all irresponsible POS's because every single one of them drinks some beer or wine at family picnics, weddings, dinner parties & holiday celebrations and then gets in their car and drives home????
I guess I'm a terrible father too then cuz every single sunday morning I drive home with my wife & seven kids in the family van after drinking (gasp) wine?
Give me a break!

We all find ways to justify our behaviour. Difference is...we have not harmed or killed anyone.... yet. Sure, you can have a few beers with the boys and make it home safe and sound...No harm done. But, the moment you have that one accident that may or may not have had anything to do with an impairment and you do hurt someone ... You'd be the first to wonder if it would have happened at all, had you not had that 2nd or 3rd beer (or gasp ... glass of wine). I just hope that NEVER happens!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

You want to stick up for LEO'S do it on another thread............
Ooh, ooh, can I stick up for 'em in here?

Checkpoints, with stipulations, have been ruled constitutional again and again. I have only ever personally been an active part in a few of them. They are relatively rare in my neck of the woods. On those rare occasions we stopped, say, every 10th car (or truck, or motorcycle) and did our thing. They almost always result in arrests for DWI, warrants, drugs, etc... Maybe not the most effective use of manpower but certainly effective if used properly.

FWIW, I'd much rather be arresting drug dealers and gang members every day. But being in full uniform in a marked police cruiser limits my effectiveness in those particular areas. If I arrest a drug dealer it's more than likely because I stopped him for a traffic violation. Narcotics investigations take time, and manpower, and money (yeah, I used to do it). If you have a problem with drug dealers on your block, please report it. Repeatedly if necessary. But it's really not the street cops that are gonna be investigating it.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Ooh, ooh, can I stick up for 'em in here?

Checkpoints, with stipulations, have been ruled constitutional again and again. I have only ever personally been an active part in a few of them. They are relatively rare in my neck of the woods. On those rare occasions we stopped, say, every 10th car (or truck, or motorcycle) and did our thing. They almost always result in arrests for DWI, warrants, drugs, etc... Maybe not the most effective use of manpower but certainly effective if used properly.

FWIW, I'd much rather be arresting drug dealers and gang members every day. But being in full uniform in a marked police cruiser limits my effectiveness in those particular areas. If I arrest a drug dealer it's more than likely because I stopped him for a traffic violation. Narcotics investigations take time, and manpower, and money (yeah, I used to do it). If you have a problem with drug dealers on your block, please report it. Repeatedly if necessary. But it's really not the street cops that are gonna be investigating it.
This is not every 10th car its just targeting bikers............ once again.............plain and simple just bikers as they did in upsate NY.

As for reporting the gangbangers in my area, what for? Nothing will be done, to much work and to much danger..........been like this for years and years, must be one long narc investigation, although last year they arrested 3 of there own for dealing drugs and hanging out with gangbangers...............

Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

As for reporting the gangbangers in my area, what for? Nothing will be done, to much work and to much danger..........been like this for years and years, must be one long narc investigation, although last year they arrested 3 of there own for dealing drugs and hanging out with gangbangers...............
How can you complain that nothing's being done when you don't report it? It's entirely possible that they are unaware of the problem, or at least it's severity.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

In case you haven't noticed, this is an open forum ... a friendly discussion, a debate. Perhaps YOU are in the wrong place. May I suggest that you open a "Showdown" forum for all that are in your favour. Then, your feelings won't get hurt when someone disagrees with you.

Pfffttt! Now I have heard of EVERYTHING!
Seems to me your the one who hijacked the thread................maybe your right I am in the wrong place, I did not relize this was a cop forum, with you being the head honcho......

All those in favour of being targeted for riding there bike on a nice sunny afternoon, just because they can...say I.............

PFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

All those in favour of being targeted for riding there bike on a nice sunny afternoon, just because they can...say I.............
Look at it this way...you're not being targeted any more than the guys on Goldwings or crotch rockets.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:38 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wbeem
Road blocks have to stop everyone, not just one segment of the driving population. I'd be curious how they block the bikers and not the cars.
This is basically correct. The courts have ruled time and again that if you're going to conduct a roadblock, you cannot use targeted or selective enforcement. You either have to stop every vehicle or stop every 3rd, 5th, etc so that the vehicle types and occupants are randomly stopped and not targeted. Anything else is illegal and, if challenged in court, "should" be ruled unconstitutional.

Having a motorcycle-specific roadblock is plain bulls*t and is no more legal than if they decided to stop everyone driving yellow VW bugs. It's profiling.

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks