Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is much to easy to write tickets to the bikers of today than to try to arrest drug dealers and such. the bikers have the money to pay the tickets and they dont scream civil rights violations when given tickets

Old 02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Last year many bikers were stopped on the NYS Thruway on their way to Americade. They were cited for loud exhaust and illegal helmets, mostly. The discrimination claims come as a result of the troopers stopping "only" motorcycles and not cars or trucks.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Roadblocks are basically unconstitutional and I, for one, don't need to be hassled because I had two or three beers after work and then rode home.
It's just more big government control and that's the last thing we need. There are plenty of cheaper and more effective ways of making sure everybody is legal and not drunk.

Don't forget to call your Rep!!
Pahlease!

If you are under the influence in the slightest ... YOU have no business behind a wheel ... PERIOD! If anything ...THAT in itself is unconstitutional. You have no right to put anyone else at risk.

You feel it's your right to drink and drive or it's unconstitutional to try to prevent others from doing so? ... There are those who have lost their loved ones due to someone else's similar absurd "just a few won't cause any harm" reasoning may beg to differ. You don't have to be fall down stink'n drunk to be a hazard out there.

Granted, accidents happen ... that's why they call 'em accidents. Most often, there isn't even alcohol involved. Problem is, as soon as you knowingly or otherwise operate a motor vehicle while under that influence, your chances of being involved in an accident increases. You have deminished your own right to drive on a public highway...It's not the police or the law. Let's lay blame where blame is due.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-19-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
stu07hd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess that roadblocks that only have people riding on motorcycles would be found un-constitutional if it were to be challenged.

Roadblocks for OWI's in Indiana have been challenged and upheld with very specific stipulations. Those stipulations include announcing that there is going to be a roadblock (the county where it is going to take place, not the exact location), a clear line of sight where it is being conducted, and a pattern of selecting who is going to be pulled for it. By pattern I mean, every vehicle, or every 3rd vehicle etc.

I know that a roadblock in Indiana that would single out motorcycles would not follow the guidlines that the Indiana Supreme Court has spelled out.

That being said, a different states court of appeals, or supreme court may see it differently under a challenge. That is the nature of the law, it is constatntly changing with court rulings.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhand
It is much to easy to write tickets to the bikers of today than to try to arrest drug dealers and such. the bikers have the money to pay the tickets and they dont scream civil rights violations when given tickets
Do you guys really think that all other law enforcement stops doing what they do JUST so there is more time to hassle bikers? Traffic tickets take precedence over drug trafficking?

You MUST realize ... the task forces are STILL doing what they do best. The law enforcement agencies right down to by-law enforcement still do what needs to be done...or at least attempting to uphold the law. Roadblocking, traffic control, call it what you like...is only a very minute portion of what police enforcement does...at any given time.

People like you guys who constantly whine about the law interfering with your "fun", are part of the problem. In case you haven't noticed, law enforcement is losing this battle...yet they haven't given up ... at least, not yet. Instead of adding to the problem, stick within the boundaries of the law, and help to relieve the already over loaded burden.

Ever stop to think ... What would the world be like without any one to enforce the law or if we had no laws to enforce? Would you want to raise your family in THAT world?

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-19-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
Do you guys really think that all other law enforcement stops doing what they do JUST so there is more time to hassle bikers? Traffic tickets take precedence over drug trafficking?

You MUST realize ... the task forces are STILL doing what they do best. The law enforcement agencies right down to by-law enforcement still do what needs to be done...or at least attempting to uphold the law. Roadblocking, traffic control, call it what you like...is only a very minute portion of what police enforcement does...at any given time.

People like you guys who constantly whine about the law interfering with your "fun", are part of the problem. In case you haven't noticed, law enforcement is losing this battle...yet they haven't given up ... at least, not yet. Instead of adding to the problem, stick within the boundaries of the law, and help to relieve the already over loaded burden.

Ever stop to think ... What would the world be like without any one to enforce the law or if we had no laws to enforce? Would you want to raise your family in THAT world?
"doing what they do best".... let's see i can go to a strange city i have never been to and buy any drug in the world in less than a hour... in a week i could find every crack house in the city... and i am not a LEO... and you tell me they are "doing the what they do best".... tell your RAH RAH stories to the kiddies in sunday school

Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhand
"doing what they do best".... let's see i can go to a strange city i have never been to and buy any drug in the world in less than a hour... in a week i could find every crack house in the city... and i am not a LEO... and you tell me they are "doing the what they do best".... tell your RAH RAH stories to the kiddies in sunday school
There seems to be a growing number of these 'crack houses', Gang activity, violence, .. it's every where. No one is safe. This stuff is popping up faster than they are closed down. Problem is, you don't often hear about the ones they do close down, or arrest ... now do you? For every one they close ... 10 more show up. So do the math!

Criminals are 'let go' from the court systems, not because they are innocent but because of the way the system was created ... even they have "rights". Pfffttt! It's a freek'n joke! The harder the law works to get ahead of the battle, the behinder they get. It's hard to believe that they get as many convictions as they do with all the obstacles they have to endure. None the less, prisons are full to capacity...and they didn't get that way on their own.

So what are YOU doing help ... other than complaining that they are not doing it fast enough, that is?

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-19-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick@nite
BEWARE this spring and summer, lots of road blocks targeting bikers, yes its discrimination but you will have to fight for your right's. Upstate NY lookout Suffolk County ......

These whacked out politicians will do anything to take your rights away, now they want to tax every mile you drive or ride and even your boat in the ocean.............with a chip in your inspection sticker.

We just defeated NH exhaust law by sticking together and fighting for what is right.

If we don't stay on top of this you will lose your right to customize your bike, and they will hassle us .....

Here's a idea, how about fighting crime, there's 2 street gangsdealing drugs broad daylight in my neighborhood, na........that's to much work much easier to just hassle law abiding bikers or citizens......

if they only had a clue as to how much good the majority of riders do in the way of benifit and fundraising for children and god knows what else .these numbers can also collectively vote some of these knuckleheads out.there are a whole lot of bikers who vote

Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Just one more place to keep our money out of. They don't like motorcyclists? Fine. I'll spend my money where we're appreciated. Good ol' Colorado fer instance. No helmet laws and they don't hassle bikes here.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by pled55
if they only had a clue as to how much good the majority of riders do in the way of benifit and fundraising for children and god knows what else .these numbers can also collectively vote some of these knuckleheads out.there are a whole lot of bikers who vote
Of course they KNOW this! What do you think? ... that they live in caves? A lot of them are bikers themselves. You'd be surprised at the number of LEO's who ride too.

They are not after the normal Joe who just happens to be a biker ... They are after trouble makers and trying to reduce the possibility of trouble before it starts...especially when there is an event happening.

Put simply, Police presence can defer trouble. It works!

If they stop you ... they'll check you out ... and if you're not doing anything wrong, you're allowed to be on your way ... No harm done. If you are doing something you shouldn't doing ... then, yep ... you're in big trouble ... and rightly so!

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-19-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks