Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerDriver

On one hand you can say its unconstitutional ,

On the otherdevils advocate says , you're on the highway and you are agreeing to abide by the laws of your state , and the police have the obligation to verify that fact
It's not unconstitutional. You have no right to drive on the road. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to drive.

You can walk right by a road block, license check, DUI checkpoint or whatever they call them in your area and the police won't stop you for anything.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Rules/laws like this are like cancers, once they get embedded somewhere it spreads. If only ALL bikers could come together in a single voice.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:21 PM
wkenddad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In California they are required to advertise where the "DUI Check point" will be a specificed number of days before it happens.
Luckily most of the drunk drivers and the unlicensed don't/can't read english and they become border patrol check points.....

Old 02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
ben67zl1
Cruiser

I think we are all missing the point , the guy is complaining about road blocks in Suffolk County, while he allows DRUG GANGS to take over his neighborhood where his FAMILY LIVES! He then asks strangers to come and save his neighborhood. (POLICE DEPT,) Do you have to be paid to protect your neighborhood? Organize and react , they stay where it's EASY, don't let it be your neighborhood.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see... first you have road blocks to TRY to catch the illegal one out there.... that works a little bit... but not enough, So now what? Lets try travel papers...to prove you have the legal right to be on the road and that the government agrees you have the RIGHT to travel from point A to point B.........
Once you start down a slippery slope its real difficult to stop

Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
rkcvince
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
I have to disagree with you on your statement. I had a friend that was t-boned by a truck at an intersection and was killed. The driver said he only had 2 beers and was proven by blood tests that he only had about 2 beers. It was "Just two beers" that killed my friend. So if you drink you SHOULD NOT BE ON THE ROAD PERIOD! And if you get caught then it is your own fault and should face the music!
I hate to say it, but the guy who had two beers may have just been a bad driver. If he was legal, then he was legal. Even if he'd been stopped at a checkpoint he would have passed, and your friend would still have been killed. I don't think that there is any state that has a 0.0 BAC law.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

We will be watching as we do here in Maine.It always amazes me where these polticians say they get their statistics from.They come from another planet.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In most states 2 beers will put you over the limit

However, it would be hard to convince me that a roadblock is more important than drug dealers in a neighborhood.
Where we live we just run em off. There's a lot more of us than them.
I love the country
dd

Last edited by dirtdobber; 02-19-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick@nite
BEWARE this spring and summer, lots of road blocks targeting bikers, yes its discrimination but you will have to fight for your right's. Upstate NY lookout Suffolk County ......

These whacked out politicians will do anything to take your rights away, now they want to tax every mile you drive or ride and even your boat in the ocean.............with a chip in your inspection sticker.

We just defeated NH exhaust law by sticking together and fighting for what is right.

If we don't stay on top of this you will lose your right to customize your bike, and they will hassle us .....

Here's a idea, how about fighting crime, there's 2 street gangsdealing drugs broad daylight in my neighborhood, na........that's to much work much easier to just hassle law abiding bikers or citizens......
What kind of drugs do they deal just in case I'm in the area?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:21 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by ben67zl1
I think we are all missing the point , the guy is complaining about road blocks in Suffolk County, while he allows DRUG GANGS to take over his neighborhood where his FAMILY LIVES! He then asks strangers to come and save his neighborhood. (POLICE DEPT,) Do you have to be paid to protect your neighborhood? Organize and react , they stay where it's EASY, don't let it be your neighborhood.

Do you really believe that the cops are here to help us live better lives?

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks