Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna105
Thats saying it lightly, seems like every BS law we have here started in either Fl. or Ca. Have heard the county leo's was going to try some of that here on Nc Hwy 74. A great ride from Asheville to Lake Lure,hoping to catch quit pipes on bikes{lol}
What B.S. law started in Florida? I think Fla has about the same motorcycle laws as S.C. Our exhaust laws have been allmost unchanged for 30 years. and most have been in line with ya'll. Just wondering when someone puts my state in the same quote as Kalifornia.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Its a fine line there , I dont think it wud be "legal" to target one group and not check others ..

On one hand you can say its unconstitutional ,

On the otherdevils advocate says , you're on the highway and you are agreeing to abide by the laws of your state , and the police have the obligation to verify that fact

Old 02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give up one freedom and you will lose others. It's not that hard to figure out that it is profiling, just not enough people care enough to do anything about it. Roadblocks are illegal and have been proven but people never go against The Common Good for All Stand up and bitch about loud and long if you have to ////\ AMA ABATE take your choice

Old 02-18-2009, 05:44 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah you're right , but until we have someone like Malcolm Forbes , with lotsa money and power get hassled , it is pretty fruitless

AMA ?? thirty five years

ABATE ?? 31 this year

Old 02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by WADELL
Does your comment include DWI check points also? Just asking. JMO, Just to stop someone for no reason just because we ride is a waste of time and money. But on the other hand, if they catch someone drinking or using drugs, then I agree with the stops. Don't won't to be in the obituries in the paper because of some idiot.
Yes, my comment includes DWI roadblocks. And murderer roadblocks, and child molester roadblocks. My point was that all roadblocks are, IMO, unconstitutional unless following the commission of a specific felony and the block is to intercept a specific escaping felon.
There probably are other exceptions but basically I think random roadblocks are wrong and mostly used as a cover to look for something other than the stated purpose.

As far as drivers drinking or using drugs, there are other effective ways to catch them and they are used all the time. I don't want to give up my rights and freedoms just so I can feel safe. You know, like Patrick Henry declared before the American Revolution, "give me liberty, or give me death".

Old 02-18-2009, 06:48 PM
wbeem
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's hilarious that you talk about something being unconstitutional and then follow it up with a quote by Patrick Henry, a man who was a staunch opponent of the Constitution and its ratification.

Pick which side of history you want to use.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 350 Posts

Had a long response typed out for some of you guys but decided it really wasn't worth it. Have fun.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
malmax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

run em all...just kidding...you might scratch your paint on their billy clubs

Old 02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Roadblocks are basically unconstitutional and I, for one, don't need to be hassled because I had two or three beers after work and then rode home.
It's just more big government control and that's the last thing we need. There are plenty of cheaper and more effective ways of making sure everybody is legal and not drunk.

Don't forget to call your Rep!!
I have to disagree with you on your statement. I had a friend that was t-boned by a truck at an intersection and was killed. The driver said he only had 2 beers and was proven by blood tests that he only had about 2 beers. It was "Just two beers" that killed my friend. So if you drink you SHOULD NOT BE ON THE ROAD PERIOD! And if you get caught then it is your own fault and should face the music!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by wbeem
I think it's hilarious that you talk about something being unconstitutional and then follow it up with a quote by Patrick Henry, a man who was a staunch opponent of the Constitution and its ratification.

Pick which side of history you want to use.
You think it's hilarious? You may be hilarious. I stand by what I posted. It's main point was not historical but, in fact, Patrick Henry was a leading force in the inclusion of the Bill of Rights. In fact, he insisted on the Bill of Rights before the adoption and ratification of the Constitution.

The ball's in your court.

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks