Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
wbeem
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
That's too bad. I'm guessing you wouldn't be willing to spend enough time with one to actually get to know him.
Well, you'd lose that bet. My best friend that I've known since High School was a deputy sheriff for 17 years. His wife was also a deputy, and so are some of his friends on the motor unit. We ride together and will do so for Daytona Bike Week.

I haven't made my comments about cops in some kind of ignorance of their presence. We've had a lot of discussions about issues. They can tell me how they see one side of the story vs. another. In some cases, poor training and policies put a cop in a losing situation. In other cases, some cops are assh@hles.

Is there anyone here, in any line of work at all, who can tell me they've never come across a jerk in their job? Why would cops be the exception? Consider that the standards for hiring cops seems to be dropping and it's no wonder some folks don't trust them.

One of my other passions is photography. You'd think there's not much conflict there, but you're wrong. Cops are constantly harassing photographers in public places, citing made-up laws, trying to intimidate them into deleting photos, and saying it's because of 9/11 (even though those and other terrorists NEVER used photography at all).

Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wbeem
Well, this statement makes it obvious to all that you're completely ignorant of my experiences, so you're just making up something to make yourself feel smugly superior. I've come face to face with real gangbangers more than once. Some black, some hispanic and some biker. While I can't say that I'm comfortable around them, I've also come to realize that I was never in their sights or in any danger from them. Cops are a different story. Certainly not every cop gives off a bad vibe, but there are too many egomaniacs who are poorly trained. That makes them MORE dangerous, since they also have legal authority and a court's general assumption that they're right or telling the truth.

Like I said, I don't trust a cop in uniform until I've learned enough about him or her to set my mind at ease.

I don't really care much for TV crime dramas (or sitcoms), either.
I find your claims dubious, but, be that as it may, your expressed beliefs prove there are bigots on both sides of this fence.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

One more good reason to close out my days in MT. None of that BS here! Everyone packs, and everyone else knows it. Safety? Protect yourself. I mean who do you trust the most? You or the COPS? Get your CWP, and protect you, your possessions, and your familiy......

Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by XTrooper3936
I find your claims dubious, but, be that as it may, your expressed beliefs prove there are bigots on both sides of this fence.
I don't really care what you think, as your thoughts are made of ignorance. You don't know me. You don't know my experiences. All you have is your own bias and you use it to call me a liar.

In other words, you kind of prove my point.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:38 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I don't give a rat's *** what you think of me either. You may, however, want to look in the mirror if you're looking for the reason you may have had issues with the police in the past. Any good cop would automatically sense your hostility, be put on his guard, and act accordingly.

Oh, as a matter of fact, I do know you. I met many narrow-minded bigots just like yourself during my career. Thankfully, I'm retired now, and don't have to waste my time with your kind any longer.

And speaking of wasting my time............

Have a nice day!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by XTrooper3936
Well, I don't give a rat's *** what you think of me either. You may, however, want to look in the mirror if you're looking for the reason you may have had issues with the police in the past. Any good cop would automatically sense your hostility, be put on his guard, and act accordingly.

Oh, as a matter of fact, I do know you. I met many narrow-minded bigots just like yourself during my career. Thankfully, I'm retired now, and don't have to waste my time with your kind any longer.

And speaking of wasting my time............

Have a nice day!
Like I said, you prove my point. You think you know it all and make hasty judgments. You never consider the other person's point of view. You never question yourself to ask WHY does this person seem hostile. In other words, the quintessential narrow-minded bigot with a badge and a gun.

You haven't asked any questions to learn what kind of person I am. You just assumed. It's kind of telling. Well, at least you're retired. One down, many to go.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

LEOs are respected as far as HDF concerns, no bashing allowed. Thank you for your service officers.

Move on.

Mimo.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Thank You Mimo. I was just getting ready to lock this one myself.