Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Roadblocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny how people will talk of american freedoms and the bill of rights. Then because someone is killed by a drunk we can suspend some of those freedoms. If someone is shot should it be allright to stop all bikers and search for guns? Or maybe go into your house without a warrant? How many freedoms will you be willing to give up to feel safe. Seems like I remember a country in Europe in the thirties that did that so a guy with a funny mustasch could make them feel secure. Keep giving up your rights and see where it leads.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor1956
You are correct in your assumption. That is exactly what i am saying. If you want to drive 100MPH then do so. When you cause an accident not if you cause an accident resulting in loss of life or property damage then be prepared for the consequences. The difference is that there are consequences for your actions and legal ramifications, it is not lawlessness. That would put you responsible for your actions not society. In your preventive world why not fine people for sun tanning after all if you are exposed to too much ultra violet radiation you will get melanoma, so society needs to protect you from your self. Keep trying you might get it someday. Selective roadblocks like just motorcycles are still unconstitutional by definition.

"Be prepared for the consequences" THAT is such a joke.

The difference is ... If I choose to go suntanning ... and subsequently get skin cancer ... THAT is my fault and my consequence.

But ... If I hit the highway and choose to drive 100 miles an hour (in a stretch of hwy that may only warrant maybe 40 miles an hour) and my poor driving skills combined with that speed results in my killing an innocent victim in a mishap ... THAT is also my fault ...difference here however, is that innocent victim is the one who pays the ultimate price...as well as the rest of his family and friends. They are the ones who will suffer this consequence wayyyyyy more than I will. I get a fine, maybe lose my licence or my freedom for a while. Hardly seems fair, now doesn't it.

With speed limits such as they are, and the high occurrence rate of this exact same thing happening is such that it is ... Just think of how it would be if we were to remove those speed limits...and just let everyone drive on our highways at their own discretion. How would this be an improvement? Who's rights have been wained now? This is the exact definition of lawlessness...No laws...no deterrent to prevent this kind of thing happening on a chaotic scale.

I have a feeling if it was any one of your loved ones involved in this kind of thing, you would be singing a different tune. You'd be the first to start sceaming about why this preventable tragedy even happened at all.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 02-22-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Raptor1956
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I have a feeling if it was any one of your loved ones involved in this kind of thing, you would be singing a different tune. You'd be the first to start sceaming about why this preventable tragedy even happened at all."

I have lost family in an accident caused by a DUI driver ! Most liberal thinking people assume that everyone thinks like they do and are justified in their beliefs. Not everyone thinks like you ,aren't you glad that we still have the right to think differently? You see you do not have all of the answers and do not know all. Just as I do not have all the answers and do not know all. Enjoy your existing rights while you can with preventative laws and liberal thinking it will not be long before they are gone. I still say NO Victim, NO crime selective road blocks are unconstitutional. You believe what you want I can not change that. I will choose to believe what I want and you can not change that. So lets all try to coexist together with out trying to tell each other what to do based on our beliefs. OH and by the way isn't there anyone that would be affected if you died from melanoma from too much tanning I think there would be. I for one would be affected I would miss our healthy debate. Ride Free for now. Liberalism is a mental disorder

Last edited by Raptor1956; 02-22-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
cerk4
Cruiser

Nick, first of all Suffolk County is not upstate NY, Orange/Ulster is not upstate NY, it was 20 years ago, now its the burbs on NYC & NJ... Still the best riding on the east coast starts at exit 18 on the new york state thruway (rt87) most of the police ride harleys and all of them are very laxt and friendly.... If you want to speculate about situations do it on your own time... (and i am not a LEO) just a new yorker.. P.S. check out the new woodstock site in Bethel Ny it is where the concert happened was not in woodstock, NY

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't read all the posts, so if somebody already said this, I apologize.

DON'T BLAME THE COPS! If the laws and the courts allow it, law enforcement will do it. Why? Because it is their job to enforce the laws and they will do it anyway the law allows them to. They all work for somebody and they have to produce results. So they will do whatever they can, within the law, to get those results. So, if you want to bad mouth somebody, bad mouth the laws or the courts that uphold them. (and I'll join you on that) It is real easy to stop unlawful behavior by law enforcement, it is called a "civil rights" lawsuit.........works every time!

P.S. Working a road block can be a lot of fun.........in the summer time..........near the lake.........

Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Not against Roadblocks myself. They're only doing their job to ensure everybody's safe and on the right track. I got stopped once at the roadblock and joked with the Police Officer that I forgot to put my seat belt on...He laughed and told me to put it on now before I get a ticket. All's well afterwards.

Ride safe,

Thorey

Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 AM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Please don't drink and drive

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
I have to disagree with you on your statement. I had a friend that was t-boned by a truck at an intersection and was killed. The driver said he only had 2 beers and was proven by blood tests that he only had about 2 beers. It was "Just two beers" that killed my friend. So if you drink you SHOULD NOT BE ON THE ROAD PERIOD! And if you get caught then it is your own fault and should face the music!
A drunk caused my wreck. I spent eight weeks in traction, and eight more in a body cast. after that it took six months to get out of the wheel chair and off of the crutches.
God knows I don't drink and drive, or ride and we should all pray that no body else does. IT was a BUMMER for me.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by XTrooper3936
This statement makes it obvious to all that have actually dealt with gangbangers that you've never met one on the street and only think you know what you're talking about. Watching tv crime dramas from the safety of your "white-boy" neighborhood doesn't make you an expert on street gangs and I can assure you if you ever came face to face with a real gangbanger, you'd being praying to see that cop in uniform you're so quick to demonize.
Well, this statement makes it obvious to all that you're completely ignorant of my experiences, so you're just making up something to make yourself feel smugly superior. I've come face to face with real gangbangers more than once. Some black, some hispanic and some biker. While I can't say that I'm comfortable around them, I've also come to realize that I was never in their sights or in any danger from them. Cops are a different story. Certainly not every cop gives off a bad vibe, but there are too many egomaniacs who are poorly trained. That makes them MORE dangerous, since they also have legal authority and a court's general assumption that they're right or telling the truth.

Like I said, I don't trust a cop in uniform until I've learned enough about him or her to set my mind at ease.

I don't really care much for TV crime dramas (or sitcoms), either.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by wbeem
Like I said, I don't trust a cop in uniform until I've learned enough about him or her to set my mind at ease.
That's too bad. I'm guessing you wouldn't be willing to spend enough time with one to actually get to know him.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
I didn't read all the posts, so if somebody already said this, I apologize.

DON'T BLAME THE COPS! If the laws and the courts allow it, law enforcement will do it. Why? Because it is their job to enforce the laws and they will do it anyway the law allows them to. They all work for somebody and they have to produce results. So they will do whatever they can, within the law, to get those results. So, if you want to bad mouth somebody, bad mouth the laws or the courts that uphold them. (and I'll join you on that) It is real easy to stop unlawful behavior by law enforcement, it is called a "civil rights" lawsuit.........works every time!

P.S. Working a road block can be a lot of fun.........in the summer time..........near the lake.........
I support law enforcement but you sound like the kind of person that believed the ****'s were not wrong because they were following orders. Everyone, including (especially?) LEOs needs to have some sort of moral compass and do the right thing regardless of orders, peer pressure, etc.

It is a sad state of affairs when a citizen has to resort to a "civil rights" lawsuit to protect his or her constitutional rights, and people like you think that "it is real easy to stop unlawful behavior by law enforcement" in this manner. Unlawful behavior by law enforcement should be stopped by criminal prosecution and imprisonment.

Quick Reply: Biker Roadblocks