Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rides Within 150 miles from your Home

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 AM
firebug901
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For where I live in Ky either the Dragon or Red River Gorge Area.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ko4qc
If you are talking about 150 miles round trip...I have to go with the Cherohala Skyway /Tail of the Dragon ride..(I live near Ocoee,TN).a few more miles would get me to Helen GA,Blood Mtn etc....why 150 miles...my bike barely gets warmed in 150 miles...:>)
No > 150, one way - it's just an arbitrary number... "rides CLOSE to home"...

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM
labou1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rides within 150, or so, from where I live

I live in western Colorado My rides can be to Moab Utah, Colorado National Monument, Grand Mesa elevation 10,000 ft., Independence Pass elevation 12,000 ft., Vail, Aspin, Steamboat Springs. Even Strugis SD if you are into a 600 mile ride

Old 02-16-2009, 07:46 AM
iambill
Tourer

We live on Vancouver Island, and went for a ride 2 days back to back last week. Looking at the ocean from my driveway, means north, south or west and you have great rides from mile 1. Go east and you get a bit wet.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My local riding sucks. All flatlands and amish country. Within 150 I can hit Lancaster County, PA for some nice scenic hills. If I head west or south-west there is some nice riding around the Easter Shore of MD. Rock Hall, St. Michaels, Tilghman Island. South I can hit the Ocean City area, Assateague Island and Chincoteague. North-east and I can cover most of South Jersey. Yeah nothing really awe-inspiring in any of it.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
wbeem
Tourer

I live in Sanford, FL, which is about 20 miles north of Orlando on I-4. Most of the stuff in this area is just suburban sprawl, but I don't have to ride too far to get over to Lake County.

There are some nice rolling hills, curves on Binion & Boy Scout Road, a nice mini-Dragon set of curves going around Lake Apopka. You get out into Howie in the Hills and there are more hills and curves. Of course, you have to watch out for the other bikes - cyclists love Lake County and often practice out on those roads. In fact, the US Triathlete Training Center is out there.

Head up to Ocala area in Marion County and you can get some peaceful roads going through horse country.

There are still a few decent roads in Western Orange County, but they're disappearing or getting overrun with traffic. Chase Road used to be a fantastic, curvy road heading through the orange groves. Then some developers came in, plowed down the orange trees, straightened and widened the road, and built a bunch of over-priced community homes. I suppose that's progress.

If you're willing to get into the center of the state, you can find some nice rolling roads in Florida.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 AM
LV_EOD
Advanced

Mountains of Big Bear, flats of the Mojave, Mt Charleston, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Zion...and all doable year round.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Road Hawg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I live in northern Utah. The riding out my front door is awsome, many canyons, rivers, lakes and mountain backroads. The scenary around here is beautiful.

Attached Thumbnails Rides Within 150 miles from your Home-p8030024.jpg   Rides Within 150 miles from your Home-p8050079.jpg   Rides Within 150 miles from your Home-p8050052.jpg   Rides Within 150 miles from your Home-p8050059.jpg  
Old 02-16-2009, 09:46 AM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I live an hour north of LA in the Mojave desert, right at the base of the Sierra Nevada's....

I have the coast in an hour crossing thru Mnts, I can go north to Yosemite, or the Redwoods, 3 hours to vegas. Tehachapi is about 30 mins away, great ride up and around what is called the Loop, it's a famous railroad spot... Then there is the Cajon Pass, or the Grape Vine....

Any of the Mnts around here are great day rides.... But the desert heat can REALLY SUCK!!!!

California would be nice place to live if it weren't for about 90% of the people that live here too...

Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

Within 150 miles of my driveway, I have everything from 9000 ft mountain passes, river valleys, lakes, canyons, wide open deserts, coastal suburban/urban sprawl, death valley....

Quick Reply: Rides Within 150 miles from your Home