Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rides Within 150 miles from your Home

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:44 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Where I am in North Central Florida can either head west for the Gulf Panhandle run or South for the Ocala Forest area run.. Both are Great ...

Still looking for the Florida Dragon Run... 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

About 70 miles and I'm in the mountains around Capitan and Ruidoso, NM. 150 gets me to Albuquerque and Sante Fe which is also some great riding.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM
kbear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride from Victoria north to Duncan, west to Mesachie Lake, south to Port Renfrew (2 k not paved) fish and chips or whatever and a refreshment, East to Sooke to Victoria.

Straight up to Port Hardy and anywhere in between. Lots of rides West, Port Alberni, Tofino, Uclulet. Gold River. Tasis. Been there done all of them more than once. Still never tire of the Port Renfrew ride though.

Anything East 150 miles is either really wet or you have to take a ferry then it is open to BC, Washington etc.

Side note a buddy has bought the "Rails End" Pub in Lake Cowichan and is redoing it into an Irish Brew. So if in the area and you want some suds it is a good loop with a nice stop in between.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:17 PM
HHI Dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Within 150 miles of me...

Hilton Head Island, SC
Savannah, GA
Charleston, SC
Tybee Island, GA
Jacksonville, FL
Myrtle Beach, SC (maybe a shade over 150)

Old 02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
chordstrummer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the Los Angeles area. Along the coast, within 150 miles we have Santa Barbara and the hills inland to the north (including some great roads around Ojai) and San Diego with its fantastic inland areas to the south.

Yes, LA is a congested metropolis. But we also have tons of interesting rides throughout the region -- even right in the middle of it. Sunset blvd from the city, through Echo Park and Hollywood, and then West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and UCLA to the Palisades and finally ending up at the ocean -- that's a cruise with a lot of varied scenery.

(Hope you all don't mind a Softail-riding trespasser)

Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are talking about 150 miles round trip...I have to go with the Cherohala Skyway /Tail of the Dragon ride..(I live near Ocoee,TN).a few more miles would get me to Helen GA,Blood Mtn etc....why 150 miles...my bike barely gets warmed in 150 miles...:>)

Old 02-16-2009, 02:44 AM
ben67zl1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In a 150 mile radius we have D.C., Va. beach, Charleston W.Va., Pa., Md., N,C., Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and a lot of great local roads here in the Shenandoah Valley

Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 AM
khyber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

150 mile radius, all the Texas hill country, the gulf coast, some of the west Texas desert, east to the Lost Pines area of Bastrop and just this side of Houston; days and days of good riding areas. Best of all, pretty much riding weather 365 days a year.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:34 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Within 150 miles of Cocoa Beach... WOW!!!

Ride up or down Hwy A1A:
North:
1) Cape Canaveral with it's and all the other Space-Coast points of interest - tons open to the public too.
2) A little farther up and into the original biker heaven - Daytona.

South:
1) Open beaches almost all the way to Sebastian - more recent "biker" joints dotted here and there along the way.
2) GREAT seafood in Sebastian and then a couple of cold ones at Earl's.

Run west across the old roads to Orlando or even better, to St. Cloud and then maybe into Kissimmee:
1) Depending upon route, fish-camps and local joints like "Cabbage Patch".
2) Can't count the number of "Theme Parks" and all the other junk (fun for some anyway).

Maybe just a local putt here in Cocoa Beach:
1) East coast surf paradise of USA.
2) If it's the weekend, don't bother with a road trip - a ton of central FL bikers end up right here at any of MANY local biker-friendly joints for food and a few "sodas".

Weather - Generally perfect.
Scenery - I hope you like the ocean or swamps.
Hills or twisty roads - What are those?

Last edited by RangeRat; 02-16-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I live on the West side of Nv.not real pretty here but within about 25 miles I can be in some awesome mountains both in Ca. & Nv. and go for days from here to the pacific ocean and north into Or. Great riding

Quick Reply: Rides Within 150 miles from your Home