Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF?!?!?! Scooter hand wave!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:53 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

some of these remarks are pretty funny. Being from the South, more or less, I'll wave to everybody. But, having a sense of humor, I have on occasion, when meeting a group of "big bad Harley Davidson riders", raised my hand and given the limp wrist *** wave. The responses vary, but it is always funny!!! (and that is why I ride, to have fun)

Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this is what you spend time thinking about life is good for you Mr.Bliss.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Berndude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe they were just tring to tell you your zipper was down??

Old 02-15-2009, 12:33 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

I wave to everybody, who cares if it's a scooter a Harley or a metric bike.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 AM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
1st off: You are both riding bikes, with the wind in your face, what is wrong with you? Are you a "Harley Snob" or something?

2nd off: "hand down thumb up sign" ain't the proper bike wave anyway. You don't know the proper bike wave, or what it is suppose to mean, do you?

Here, I’ll educate your “Harley Snob ****”: It is suppose to be “hand down and two fingers pointing down”. The “two fingers pointing down” represents “Keeping two wheels down” on the pavement. Hoping you don’t wreck. Have a nice day.
Guess everyone gets educated; it never started off as that low wave, actually started off as a fist raised in the air, but there's no real meaning (and tons of different meanings) to the two finger wave as in "keep two wheels down".

2nd off: There is no proper or pre-approved biker wave...y'all really need to get off your high horses.

Gotta love these wave threads.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

I wave to all many wave to me not even on a Bike .. Southern Country thing that goes back long before many of us including me were born...

Old 02-15-2009, 02:24 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I grew up in southern Oklahoma where everyone waved to everyone else. On any given night the teens were busy driving up and down Main Street waving their fool heads off. The coolest wave was to rest one hand, usually the left one, over the steering wheel while you slumped a bit toward the middle. If you were lucky you had your sweetie perched in the middle of the seat so that she was right next to you. Then when you waved you just raised one finger, usually the index ... but with some people it might be another one, and give them a slight nod.

Then I figured out the motorcycle wave after I got my first street bike. It had been a basket case I purchased from a local doctor. The damn thing never ran right, but on a good day I'd see maybe 1 or 2 other riders on the road and there was always a little wave.

The wave went crazy when I got my first Corvette. Every Corvette owner waved. About the only group I've seen more dedicated to the wave are Corvette owners. It used to be that way for bikes as well.

Over time, though, the world has changed, and the meaning of being friendly or just being unique is being lost. So today I still wave, and usually it's at folks I don't even know. If I'm on the bike then I wave at just about any other bike. In the Vette it's the same thing ... every Vette gets a wave. Shoot, I've even been known to wave t a Porsche now and then. What kind of crazy man am I?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:37 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by capt_caveman
Two Wheels are Two Wheels IMO. Who cares how big the motor is or who makes it. At least they're not riding in cages.
Hey, a bikes a bike. Are we all not one big HAPPY FAMILY? Sharing the same interest. RIIIIIIDDDDDDDDIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG! You gotta love it, maybe they just wanted to be your friend and join you.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

I've always considered those on scooters as future HD riders, just ain't in their budjet yet. I wave without prejudice, sometimes I wave at everybody, sometimes I just ride. Depends on my mood.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..you shoulda thrown a handful of roofing nails out in front of 'em..that'll teach those scooter riding' nitwits to think they're as good as you..

Quick Reply: WTF?!?!?! Scooter hand wave!!!