Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big radius pipes on a Bagger??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009 | 08:37 AM
dr
Banned

Guys runs these I have just about made my mind up to go with D&D Fat Cats 2 into 1 until the wife and I were looking at you tube and come across these, from what we could tell they sound great and raising the foot pegs up is a must because they to low for here little short legs anyway. She loved the sound but my only worry is how much power will I lose from the Fat Cats to the V&H BR's. 07 Street Glide 103" woods Tw6-6 cams?

Old 07-08-2009 | 10:40 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I been going back and forth with the idea of the BR pipes. I like the look. The power isn't a big concern. I wish they made quiet baffels for them. I think they would look good with stretched bags. There are some pics of a SG on Bad Dad's website with stretched bags and the BR, looks sharp.

Old 07-08-2009 | 10:42 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chrisu
Here's mine. Hope the pic comes through. Love the sound and get lots of compliments. Like others here said I think it really makes it look like a hotrod. The bracket relocation may be an issue for the passenger. For long trips I bought Kury adjustable offsets, but for short hops the wife doesn't really complain.
What about the exhaust for a passenger? Can she breathe?

Old 07-08-2009 | 10:47 AM
klemay
Cruiser

Hey all,

I've had the VH Big Radius Blacks on my 08 SG for a little while now, and I do have some serious heat issues. I do think it has to do with my local harley dyno guy not being able to set it up right with a SERT.....everyone that uses a PCIII or VH Fuel Pak seems to have no isses with heat...but me, alot of heat...especially right under the passenger floor board.....im still dickin around with my HD Dyno guy about it...but the looks and sound are killer!

Old 07-08-2009 | 11:08 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

Are the BR loud? I must be getting old, I dont want them loud anymore. lol

Old 07-08-2009 | 11:57 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I think they look great. But for travel with Mrs. I think she might get uncomfortable. Form over function for the wifee...

Old 07-08-2009 | 12:52 PM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by dr
Guys runs these I have just about made my mind up to go with D&D Fat Cats 2 into 1 until the wife and I were looking at you tube and come across these, from what we could tell they sound great and raising the foot pegs up is a must because they to low for here little short legs anyway. She loved the sound but my only worry is how much power will I lose from the Fat Cats to the V&H BR's. 07 Street Glide 103" woods Tw6-6 cams?
If you're worried about performance, you will take a pretty good hit. I almost went with these pipes because I dig the look and the sound and I have them on my Softail Custom.

I'm glad my indy talked me into the D&D, I think they sound better and definitely perform better.

Depends on what you're looking for...looks and sound, V&H BR definitely fit the bill...performance will suffer however. I dig the looks of the BR.

Old 07-09-2009 | 07:28 AM
dr
Banned

Performance is a issue, if it was not I would not have spent the money on the big bore and cams, but its not the only thing. I was hoping to find somebody who had some numbers to compair. What kind of HP & TQ lose I would be looking going from the 2 into 1D&D's to the V&H BR. Any ideas??????????

Old 07-09-2009 | 02:55 PM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by dr
Performance is a issue, if it was not I would not have spent the money on the big bore and cams, but its not the only thing. I was hoping to find somebody who had some numbers to compair. What kind of HP & TQ lose I would be looking going from the 2 into 1D&D's to the V&H BR. Any ideas??????????
With SE AC kit and K&N filter, Mastertune TTS with dyno and the D&D Boss pipes, I'm putting out 88hp and 98 ft/lbs of torque on a 96".

Old 07-09-2009 | 08:15 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I have Vance and Hines Big Shot Duels now. Are the BR louder?

Quick Reply: Big radius pipes on a Bagger??