Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big radius pipes on a Bagger??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009 | 09:05 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

To me the Big Radius are not as hot as the stock header pipes (pre-09) due to the fact that on pre-09 the crossover was right under your legs which was real hot in the summer time. I was running stock header pipes with D&D slip ons. When I came to a red light and sat for a while my legs would be a little warm. I don't get that from the Big Radius at all. I suggest to buy the left side floorboard relocator bracket to match the right side if you ride two up quite a bit. If you ride solo most of the time just take the rear floorboards off. That is what I did. Looks better in my opinion especially with a solo seat. For those you running Big Radius pipes, Big City Thunder's Thunder Monster baffles are a must. I posted a thread on what I think of them. They are the best add on that I have put on my bike. I wouldn't sell them for a thousand dollars and they only cost $93 shipped.

Last edited by cryan9; 04-30-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2009 | 11:53 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member

They do look nice! My only concern would be about the heat coming out the pipe hitting the bottom of the r/h bag.

Old 04-30-2009 | 12:33 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
They do look nice! My only concern would be about the heat coming out the pipe hitting the bottom of the r/h bag.
That is not an issue at all. They angle down enough to where there is no heat affecting the bag. I don't even feel the heat sitting at a red light. Most of the heat generated by exhaust that you would feel is at the crossover. There is no crossover on these so there are no heat issues. I have had mine on since last November and I don't have one single complaint. I don't think I could ever go back to duals to the rear of the bike.

Old 04-30-2009 | 12:38 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanx!

Nice scoot by the way!

Ride safe

Old 04-30-2009 | 12:47 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

balance, you need balance

sorry but on a bagger you need 2 exhausts just my $0.02

Old 04-30-2009 | 01:03 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chevere
balance, you need balance

sorry but on a bagger you need 2 exhausts just my $0.02
Don't be sorry. I have two exhaust pipes. They are just on the same side, which has nothing to do with balance. If you look at Dyno charts the best performing pipe is a 2 into 1 like the D&D Fat Cat, which is the best performance pipe out there. Too bad it sounds like a race car and not a motorcycle or I would have bought it.

Old 04-30-2009 | 03:24 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the look of the Big Radius. But I am not sure if I like how the bike looks from the back? Could just be that I am used to two pipes out the back.

Old 05-15-2009 | 05:38 PM
will2062
Advanced
Smile V&H Big Radius Pipes

I just took the Chrome 2 into 2 V&H Big radius pipes Off my 2009 SG. They were on there a total of 2 days. They looked GREAT and sounded Great. However after 1-2 hours in the saddle the noise was just too loud for my wife and I. We tend to take 4-5 hour trips frequently. So Went back to Reinharts. Not sure if they would fit your bike? But if you are interested I need to sell them along with a New SE Heavy Breather. I guess it is back to E-Bay. Let me you want Pics.

Old 05-15-2009 | 07:50 PM
grasman
Cruiser

I had them on my 07 Fatboy and loved them. I do have 2 questions though:

1. Those that may have had them on a "Non Bagger"...are they or do they appear louder because of the bags...do they echo off the bag somewhat?

2. Are they too loud to hear the stereo?

I have an 09 Ultra, and at this time it is bone stock. I just am not sure about the slip ons for these bikes. Hopefully the answers to these questions will make my decision easier.

Jack

Old 05-15-2009 | 08:13 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior

WTF, If you have to wear ear plugs to ride, should tell you something.

Quick Reply: Big radius pipes on a Bagger??