Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big radius pipes on a Bagger??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009 | 12:45 PM
spence222
|
Road Warrior

Thanks Guys.....I didn't go with the Big Radius this time around....but theres always next year.....I still like the way they look and sound...maybe they'd look even better with extended bags to kinda fill the void thats left without the pipes running all the way back.

Old 04-26-2009 | 05:28 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by brettnbama
.Actually, I was torn, as mentioned I didn't want to loose the symmetry...

You still have symmetry in the rear.............no pipes under either saddle bag.

Steve

Old 04-27-2009 | 08:20 AM
990rtracer
Road Captain

A question to you guys running the Big Radius, just how loud are they?
Can you ride for 2-3 hours and your ears not ring? Do they irritate your neighbors?
Just trying to get an idea as these look awesome and the wife wants them!
Just wondering how loud they really are? Currently I am running a set of SE slip ons, the ones with the "for competition use only" stamp .

Thanks in advance. Keith

Old 04-27-2009 | 11:40 AM
rcoleg
Novice

I put the chrome Vance & Hines on my 09' roadking along with screaming eagle intake and screaming eagle race tuner. The pipes are pretty loud when you are accelerating which is what I was looking for. They do level off though at higher "cruising" speeds and have a real nice tone. They are a real eyecatcher and great for letting traffic know you are there.

Old 04-27-2009 | 06:44 PM
capnlovr
Cruiser

I love mine!!! Pretty loud when you on the gas and not bad when just cruzing. I get a lot of comments.

Old 04-27-2009 | 08:44 PM
palmettosunshine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 990rtracer
A question to you guys running the Big Radius, just how loud are they?
Can you ride for 2-3 hours and your ears not ring? Do they irritate your neighbors?
Just trying to get an idea as these look awesome and the wife wants them!
Just wondering how loud they really are? Currently I am running a set of SE slip ons, the ones with the "for competition use only" stamp .

Thanks in advance. Keith
100 Decibels according to the Myrtle Beach police!~

Now that was on my Dyna Superglide, 2005. My neighbors, well, some liked them, most of them definitely not. Did love the sound when getting on it, and traffic definitely heard you. However I couldn't ride more than a few minutes without earplugs.

Old 04-27-2009 | 08:46 PM
pachowder
Cruiser

mine. bubs

Attached Thumbnails Big radius pipes on a Bagger??-exhaust.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009 | 05:43 AM
eskimoSG09
Cruiser

This might be a dumb question. I had thought about the Big Radius but opted against them because I thought the exhaust might soil the right saddlebag. Any issues with this or am I wrong? BTW I think they look great.

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:04 AM
MCMLXIX
Advanced

Originally Posted by cryan9
I love my Big Radius. I have the Thunder Monster Baffles coming Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how deep these pipes can sound.
Do they come with any baffles from V&H?
Do you have a before video/sound clip?
Do you think they give off more heat then the stock pipes?

Does anyone have a measurement of how much higher the rear peg is raised?

Old 04-29-2009 | 09:36 AM
rcoleg
Novice

The rider floorboard is raised about 1" on the right. I had the left side bracket put on and my wife loves the new location. I have not had any problems with the saddle bags catching any soot or "soil" from the exaust. They will wake the neighbors though. I have not had any complaints, but I know they hear them. I have noticed that the pipes are hot, but I don't think they are any hotter than the stock they are just relocated and brought closer to the rider.

Quick Reply: Big radius pipes on a Bagger??