Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big radius pipes on a Bagger??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 07:44 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

How do people get Monster Ovals dragged in here when this thread is about the Big Radius on a Bagger??

Totally different exhaust, but yet it get's brought up..........blows my mind.

Steve

Old 04-25-2009 | 10:36 PM
cryan9
Road Captain
Default Big Radius

I love my Big Radius. I have the Thunder Monster Baffles coming Tuesday. Can't wait to hear how deep these pipes can sound.

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:27 AM
dmgary
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Forum member dmgary's scoot. Looks hot IMO

First off let me say thanks to monstermile. Yes I love the pipes and so does everyone else that sees them. As far as power im sitting at 97/101 with these pipes and you can see what I have done in my sig. Here is a video for ya. This video is when I had the 255 cams in it if you want me to I can go and get a video with the 258's in it..

[URL=http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/dmgary_2008/?action=view&current=bikwalkaround.flv][IMG]

Last edited by dmgary; 04-26-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-26-2009 | 10:49 AM
Milwaukee 1
Cruiser

My brother in law has them on his 07 RK, and his buddy has them on his 07 Ultra. They look and sound awesome.

One thing to consider if you ride 2 up is that you have to reposition the passenger floorboard on the right side which moves it up a little higher. Both the guys GF's complain about how uncomfortable it is.

Old 04-26-2009 | 10:55 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I've only seen them on a Street Glide and they looked great.

Old 04-26-2009 | 11:06 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Man, where were all you guys when I asked this question a few months back? Then everyone was talking about how they just look wrong on a bagger, now you guys are talking about how great they look. I was so close to getting them it isn't even funny.....Actually, I was torn, as mentioned I didn't want to loose the symmetry....at the same time though, they look awesome. The relocation of the passenger board was another big factor for me

Old 04-26-2009 | 11:31 AM
cryan9
Road Captain
Default Floorboard relocator

Yes the pipes do come with a bracket that moves the right rear floorboard up a little. Vance and Hines also offers the left side bracket for $20 which will make the left side match the right side. So if that's what you are concerned with it's an easy fix. They are well worth any minor sacrifices you may make.
There are way more pros than cons with these pipes. I get a lot of attention where ever I go. Especially because there aren't alot of baggers running around with these yet. I'm sure the popularity will spread the more they are seen and heard. I wouldn't switch them out for anything else out there and I've pretty much heard and seen everything.

Old 04-26-2009 | 12:27 PM
990rtracer
Road Captain

I am definitely considering a set of those in chrome, found them on the net for $600 shipped. Those look awesome on a bagger! Probaly would need to get the VH fuelpak 61003A as well since my bike has no externally adjustable fuel. (stage 1) Great post.

Old 04-26-2009 | 12:31 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Man, where were all you guys when I asked this question a few months back? Then everyone was talking about how they just look wrong on a bagger, now you guys are talking about how great they look. I was so close to getting them it isn't even funny.....Actually, I was torn, as mentioned I didn't want to loose the symmetry....at the same time though, they look awesome. The relocation of the passenger board was another big factor for me
i'm still here i still don't think they look as good as two pipes out the rear on a bagger.

Old 04-26-2009 | 12:37 PM
chrisu
Advanced

Here's mine. Hope the pic comes through. Love the sound and get lots of compliments. Like others here said I think it really makes it look like a hotrod. The bracket relocation may be an issue for the passenger. For long trips I bought Kury adjustable offsets, but for short hops the wife doesn't really complain.

Attached Thumbnails Big radius pipes on a Bagger??-streetglide2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Big radius pipes on a Bagger??