Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing 'wear' advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:34 PM
09RKC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gerbing 'wear' advice

The liner(s) & G3s finally got here. All's wired and just took the 1st ride though not a true test (it's 45^). The pants & G3s are on the same circuit, the jacket's on the other. Dual controller.

I noticed uneven heating and I think I know why. I wore a T-Shirt under the jacket liner per Gerbing's site and a HD jacket over the liner. It did ok though some hot spots. 10kt wind coming from my left, that arm was cooler than the other. No problem.

The pants liner was not so good though. The area between my knees and belt towards the inside was hot. The rest of the garment was far cooler. I figure the hot area was snug against the skin, the area below the knees and around my hips wasn't. Boxers only btw (I know, info overload ) , the liner then regular jeans.

All I can think to do is put velcro on the legs below the knee and snug 'em up a bit before putting jeans on. Any tricks to wearing the liners? Are we suppposed to wear long underwear under the Gerbing liners? I'm fishing, that's all.

Tkx!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the g3 gloves and the jacket liner, I have not tried them yet. How did your gloves work?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser

I have the jacket liner, dual controller and gloves. I always wear a long sleeve t-shirt under the jacket liner and find it quite comfortable with even heating and no hot spots. Don't have the pants so I can't comment, but long johns might get rid of your hot spot. Call Gerbings and ask them about it. They stand behind their products.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
shadowrunner
Cruiser

Thx for the info, I just got my G3 gloves and vest, gonna wire them up tomorrow, for the
wind up the legs, can only think of tuck them in the boots, gaiters, or pants that have
a tighter opening on the bottom of the leg.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Dave54
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got it figured out I go thru the same deal when I ride my street glide they work really well . when I ride the street bob I get get hot spots from having more wind hit more body surface in fact I wimped out and put the windshield on the bob they still work good tho but with the windshied on my gloves are way warmer got drag bars on it and the windshield helps blow the wind around my hands last ride it was about 20 degrees but I was still warm on it

Old 02-14-2009, 07:31 PM
09RKC
Tourer

Ricaroo - G3s are good. Top of hand warms first, then the fingers. They're paired with the pants. I'm not used to any of this yet so can't fairly judge but so far... well, I just watched the game and am ready to go again . I'm actually looking forward to low 30s or less now.

Shadowrunner - You're on the mark. I put the pants liners & jeans on and tucked the liner into the boot, then the jeans over the boot (high boots). No wind climbing the leg. It's pretty obvious what's going on; even Gerbing says demin isn't enough wind-break.

Everything got at least warmer except below knees. Wind. I've got some leather and will cut a cross between chaps and gaitor. That'll help and I expect at least some improvement.

I wish I had a good spot to velcro the controller. Don't. Ah well ...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

On My dual controller: I have the gloves on one circuit, and socks, pants liner, jacket liner on the other circuit.

I wear under amour tops and bottoms (cold gear) and then put all clothes over that. I wear jeans and chaps and a long sleeve shirt and leather jacket.

ALWAYS can get warm enough, even below freezing.

Notice a couple hot spots when it is really cold (20's) and cranked up all the way.

G3's SUCK, try 12 volt clothing.com's top gloves for REALLY nice gloves.