Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't get these prices!!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:20 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

On the subject of living in a dream world - Check out the starting or buy it now prices a lot of the ebay sellers are posting. I don't think any of those bikes are selling. They're living in "dream world central".

Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by icehead
I was looking at a 2008 stock Road King Classic with 5041 miles on it and the price was $17,495.00. Then I went the HD site and saw a new 2009 Road King for $17,999. Why would I pay $17,495 for used bike when I can buy new for few hundred more. I have been seeing alot of that. Stock for Stock little difference in price between new 09's an used 07/08's. What's up with that?

Ever stop to think that the price is jacked up a little so you will buy the New 09 with no questions asked?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
mnewb1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this on another thread earlier but I asked a dealer what they wanted for an 01 Ultra with 34,000 miles...came back with a quote of 15999.00. I didn't know what to do first, flip him the bird or fall down laughing.

I can not believe, especially here in Michigan, that they are selling so many bikes that they can give me such an utterly ridiculous quote as that!

Anyway, I'm waiting for Spring and looking around. And though it may be sacrilegious on this board, I could certainly make do with a much more reasonably priced used Goldwing over the next couple years until the Harley dealers that are left standing pull their heads out of their collective asses.

Last edited by mnewb1; 02-14-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 PM
testifer
Road Master

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Most people that own Harleys dont understand that they depreciate pretty quickly now, and have for the last 7 or 8 years now. They also don't take into consideration that accessories aren't worth chit to the next person.
new bike chris? nice

Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Raaze07
When you take into account the major changes that accompanied the '09s the pricing seems even more ridiculous. Why wouldn't you just pony up for a brand new bike, full 2 year warranty, etc.. Especially when a lot of dealers are hurting and selling with no freight and prep, and even discounting for less than MSRP? The only thing that might justify that asking price is major engine work...
I agree with ya myself. Here in north Alabama there are 4 dealers within 100 miles or so. None of them will come off the msrp and they only cut the fob by 50%.
A friend and I looked at a 09 ultra and the best they would do is 23,419.07 out the door. That's 5,000 more than I paid in May of 07.
They had a 08 Ultra for 21,500 with 4,800 miles on it
Some of the dealers will fold doing business like this.
dd

Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewb1
I posted this on another thread earlier but I asked a dealer what they wanted for an 01 Ultra with 34,000 miles...came back with a quote of 15999.00. I didn't know what do do first, flip him the bird or fall down laughing.

I can not believe, especially here in Michigan, that they are selling so many bikes that they can give me such an utterly ridiculous quote as that!

Anyway, I'm waiting for Spring and looking around. And though it may be sacrilegious on this board, I could certainly make do with a much more reasonably priced used Goldwing over the next couple years until the Harley dealers that are left standing pull their heads out of their collective asses.
Where are you in michigan ? Im in Jackson... Im lucky i dont need a new bike ... Wonder what dealer you went to.. I bought mine in cement city... Not the cheapest deal but close to me and ive bought other bikes from them also (non h/d)..
I knew the guys that used to own Ann Arbor and Brighton h/d... Never could get a deal from them... I did get a trade in quote on my 06 glide classic with 8k (when i asked) on the clock last summer and i laughed all the way across the lot to the bar ...
Dave

Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

As noted above.... some poor sap bought a bike, added some chrome (and probably a wardrobe) financed the whole deal, and now is upside down on his loan

Local Dealer had a 2007 RG, as well as an '08 anniv model, AND a 2009 all within $500 price range... what would YOU buy?

I'm glad I love my '05 at THIS rate, it might very well be my LAST bike (I've said THAT, before)

Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
As noted above.... some poor sap bought a bike, added some chrome (and probably a wardrobe) financed the whole deal, and now is upside down on his loan

Local Dealer had a 2007 RG, as well as an '08 anniv model, AND a 2009 all within $500 price range... what would YOU buy?

I'm glad I love my '05 at THIS rate, it might very well be my LAST bike (I've said THAT, before)
My 06 glide classic is great and at 57 and recently axed from work (last week) its prolly my last too. At least ive got all summer to ride while the wife works... She told me too !
Dave

Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM
mnewb1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by n8dc
Where are you in michigan ? Im in Jackson... Im lucky i dont need a new bike ... Wonder what dealer you went to.. I bought mine in cement city... Not the cheapest deal but close to me and ive bought other bikes from them also (non h/d)..
I knew the guys that used to own Ann Arbor and Brighton h/d... Never could get a deal from them... I did get a trade in quote on my 06 glide classic with 8k (when i asked) on the clock last summer and i laughed all the way across the lot to the bar ...
Dave
Grand Haven. I've got three dealers close to me. It was not Hot Rod nor was it Sandy. Guess the rest.

I've had two Harleys and been very happy with both, I would like another one, but not sure I'm willing to pay the premium this time around.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wouldn't even bother with those, obviously the '09 is what to go for. Generally bling and all that dont add anything to the value over what a stock bike would go for.

Last edited by Arizona; 02-14-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: I don't get these prices!!?