Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

%&$@# Stealers Freaking P1ssed me off. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Modee1245
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry %&$@# Stealers Freaking P1ssed me off. HELP

Today, I excited went to the dealer to pick up my 2007 Ultra Classic. Before buying the bike I asked you guys some questions and was told to ensure the following:

1. That the 25K service was done - THEY SAID THEY DID,,, HAHA YEAH RIGHT ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY HAD NOT.
2. IDS - Requested that they install the IDS, I would pay for it... HAHA YEAH RIGHT THEY CHARGED FOR IT BUT NOT INSTALLED.
3. The Bike had bug resadue all over it,, IT WAS NOT DETAILED..

The bike was already started when I got there, and I was in a rush to get back to the office. After I got off work I went out and started the bike, only to hear a Clainking sound, like the primary was stuck...

I immediately called a friend and went back to the stealers... I asked for the GM only to be told he was gone, so I talked to the finance manager and the service manager..

I asked about the above and was told the following:

1. The paper they gave me was from Dec 2008 and said 5,000 mile service. The Service manager stated that the services are done in intervals of 5K miles. I then said then why does the shop recommend 5K, 10K, and 25K services.
QUESTION #1. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A TRUE STATEMENT OR NOT..
2. The spark plugs looked like they had rust around the bolt part.. I inquired about them and was told that spark plugs does not need to be change except every 10 to 15,000 miles..
QUESTION #2.. IS THIS TRUE?
3. When I inquired as to why the bike was not detailed, I was told 2 things. One was that they had inexperience detailers who were young and they had not properly been train,, I statement was that they should not be cleaning the bikes then. The other statement was that it was a used bike and I could clean and polish it when I get home.. PISSED ME OFF
QUESTION #3. AM I BEING UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT THE BIKE TO BE DETAILED AND CLEAN OF BUGS ETC.
4. The clanking sound when starting.. I was told that the 2006 and newer bikes (ULTRAS) all make this sound and that it was nothing to worry about.
QUESTION #4.. ULTRA OWNERS... 2006, AND UP... DOES YOUR BIKE MAKE A CLANKING SOUND WHEN STARTING OTHER THAN THE PIPES AND NORMAL NOISE..

NOW FOR THE BIG QUESTION... SHOULD I JUST GIVE THEM THEIR BIKE BACK AND GET MY DOWN PAYMENT... OR AM I BEING A BIT TOO SUSPECT WITH THEM...

Last edited by Modee1245; 02-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

uh i dont know

Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the answer to your question is completely up to you....but if i was buying the bike and the odometer said 24,500 or more i would expect them to do the 25,000 service and as far as the noise if it sounds wrong to you take it back and make them check it out....as far as detailing i would not let the monkeys touch my bike.

Just my .02

Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Answer to Question #4 .Yes it's just the compensator they do that.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Adacas
Cruiser

Based on your post, I'd bail.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
burnafatty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have set the right tone and left the bike at the dealer for just not being washed! That way they would have had more time to teach the tech how to wash a bike at least! Sound as if you have a trust issue already

Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I'd take it back and ask for my money back. They did not deliver what you agreed to buy. Period You agreed to buy a bike that had the 25 K service done and the IDS system installed. Neither of which was done. The dirt and bugs is a different thing. That is just cosmetic, that can be debated in court. The service and Ids is not debateable. They did not deliver it period. They defaulted on their contract to deliver what both of you agreed on.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Modee1245
ed about the above and was told the following:

1. The paper they gave me was from Dec 2008 and said 5,000 mile service. The Service manager stated that the services are done in intervals of 5K miles. I then said then why does the shop recommend 5K, 10K, and 25K services.
There are services at 5000k intervals. However, not EVERY 5000k mile service is the same. The 5000k are basic fluid changes and checks. The Services done at 10000k intervals include what the 5k service does, PLUS a few more things. Likewise, the 25k service adds a few more things. But in GENERAL, a service is every 5k miles. Its just at the 10k and 25k intervals, MORE gets done (and costs more)

QUESTION #1. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A TRUE STATEMENT OR NOT..
2. The spark plugs looked like they had rust around the bolt part.. I inquired about them and was told that spark plugs does not need to be change except every 10 to 15,000 miles..
Sounds about right, check the manual.

QUESTION #2.. IS THIS TRUE?
3. When I inquired as to why the bike was not detailed, I was told 2 things. One was that they had inexperience detailers who were young and they had not properly been train,, I statement was that they should not be cleaning the bikes then. The other statement was that it was a used bike and I could clean and polish it when I get home.. PISSED ME OFF
QUESTION #3. AM I BEING UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT THE BIKE TO BE DETAILED AND CLEAN OF BUGS ETC.
No, your not being unreasonable, but for what its worth, my first HD was bought used, and I was less than impressed with the cleanup job they did on it as well.

4. The clanking sound when starting.. I was told that the 2006 and newer bikes (ULTRAS) all make this sound and that it was nothing to worry about.
QUESTION #4.. ULTRA OWNERS... 2006, AND UP... DOES YOUR BIKE MAKE A CLANKING SOUND WHEN STARTING OTHER THAN THE PIPES AND NORMAL NOISE..
Starting with the 07s (as I recall) they do have a pretty good CLUNK when the starter engages. A lot of 07 owners (I was one) got pretty freaked out by it. Its a matter of them doing something that actually beefed up the starter engagment, if I recall correctly. If its the CLUNK right as the starter first engages, then yes, they (after 07) do it.

As for the IDS, you paid for it, it should be on the bike. PERIOD. As well as the 25k service. As for cleaning it, frankly, you will do a far better job than they EVER will. Plus it gives you a chance to really look the bike over.

Last edited by flyingace; 02-11-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
crash12888
Intermediate

2006 and newer bikes make noise? My 08 UC doesn't! Ask them to start a 06 or newer bike on the floor and compare. You bought a used bike, clean it yourself, it's called getting to know it!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

1. That the 25K service was done - THEY SAID THEY DID,,, HAHA YEAH RIGHT ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY HAD NOT.
2. IDS - Requested that they install the IDS, I would pay for it... HAHA YEAH RIGHT THEY CHARGED FOR IT BUT NOT INSTALLED.
3. The Bike had bug resadue all over it,, IT WAS NOT DETAILED..
They charged for the IDS, but didn't give it to you or just didn't install it and handed it to you?

I'd buy the manual, do your own 25k and detail yourself and get to know it.....then never give that dealer your business again.

Quick Reply: %&$@# Stealers Freaking P1ssed me off. HELP