Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

%&$@# Stealers Freaking P1ssed me off. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd return it, and don't believe I'd ever do business with them again. Find another dealer. If what your saying happened I would not care to deal with that type of attitude from a dealer. Heck your paying them. Send it back.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Petesnot
Cruiser

Does this sound like a dealer that's interested in return business? I think not. Personally, I would never buy a used bike from a dealer. There are WAY too many good deals out there on bikes with very little miles; people are just wanting to dump bikes due to the economy. Plus, dealers always get a piece of the action on both ends - the guy who traded it in probably got hosed and it sounds like they're using the same hose on you.
However, since you accepted the bike as is by driving it away, you may be in for problems.
Good luck to you.
Please post the name & location of the dealership. I wish there was a dedicated sticky here for us to post comments on specific dealerships. The worst part of owning a harley is the dealership.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had problems at first, with the scratches on my 06 EGC bought new. they cleaned her up for me. and scratched the clear coat (dry wipe the finger prints) ouch. and I just had to eat it because I didn't see it till I was home. but I had no noise at start up.
my dealer is the only one with in 125 miles of me so I was stuck with them. you will get further with nice than you will with mean

Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Look there is usually 2 sides to every story but I have no reason doubt what you said. Unfortunately not all dealers are the same. Where i live I purchased my bike 30 miles from my home when I could have bought it from 2 different locations 10 miles away. It is truly a shame if you did not get what you agreed upon at the same time it's on you to make sure they keep up there end of the bargain upon delivery. I bet they made damn sure your check cleared or counted your cash or verified credit before they let you take it home. If I were you I would at least contact the GM and give him/her a chance to make things right.