Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 PM
alandchris
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Jacket

I see posts suggesting leatherup . com
Has anyone bought this one - I know you get what you pay for - but for this price - how good/bad can it be - ?top grade? leather - is the jacket stiff as a rock or what ?

http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...ket/40174.html

Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

If you use the search feature on this site, you'll find more posts about Leatherup than you can shake a stick at. But, to answer your question, for the price you pay, you get excellent quality. There is better stuff out there, but you're going to pay for it.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Dunno...
I am dirt poor most of the time.. never owned a Harley brand leather coat in 36 years of riding.. Just Simply could not afford one.. I do as well like to see and try on what I am buying.. That being said..I go directly to Farm & Fleet... or Fleet farm depending on where you live.. They have carried the "Interstate" Brand of leather Motorcycle Jackets... There heavy leather, built to last with zip out liners.. I ride in every type of weather you can imagine.. I have never worn one of these Jackets out.. I replaced a 10 year old coat 3 years ago..Just because I gave it to a guy who couldnt afford one, and he's still wearin it..
Just My .02
PT

Old 02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I believe the Leatherup jackets come from Pakistan (read: too lazy to go look in the closet). Pastor Tom...where are the Interstate jackets made?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by max56
I believe the Leatherup jackets come from Pakistan (read: too lazy to go look in the closet). Pastor Tom...where are the Interstate jackets made?
Good question... I just turned mine upside down and inside out.. read every tag onnit..Does not say "made In" anywhere On it..
The main tag says "Interstate Leather" "Made for the Long haul" "Classic Originals since 1979".. then there is a cleaning tag and "made from" tag...

Old 02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
HHI Dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the jackets, but I just got a delivery from www.leatherup.com today and all I can say is "hell yeah"

I bought a bolt on windshield bag, a leather tool bag, and boots for me and g/f (my boots were worn out and she didn't own a decent pair)

The price was incredibly low ($160.00 shipped for everything) and the delivery was incredibly fast, ordered on Friday, delivered by Fed Ex today. The quaility seems to be much better than you would expect given the low, low prices. I've got the boots on right now and they fit well and seem very solid.

Not only that, but they sent me a card with a discount code on it that will take an additional 10% off of ALL future purchases. I will definitely be back to buy from www.leatherup.com

Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
huskers11
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

I have ordered from leatherup.com

Like the others said, the quality is pretty good for the money. I had a jacket from them that I got rid of because it was just too stiff for me. I am happy with the chaps I got. My wife got a nice pair of boots...actually the boots are harley davidson boots.

I would recommend them if that is what you budget is. But if you can afford it, foxcreek leather is waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

I got this jacket a few months ago. http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...mor/53282.html

I'm very pleased w/ it and that sucka wieghs in at 7 lbs.

This place has some good prices too. http://www.bikersden.com/

Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by alandchris
I see posts suggesting leatherup . com
Has anyone bought this one - I know you get what you pay for - but for this price - how good/bad can it be - ?top grade? leather - is the jacket stiff as a rock or what ?

http://leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcyc...ket/40174.html
I bought my chaps from them for 69 dollars. they look good, work great (lined to the knee), no zipper issues and look as good as any I've seen out there. I am 100% satisfied.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought some leather, one piece pants for riding. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were. Great deal. They weren't like $500 riding pants, but I only paid like $75 for them. No seam on the front, and fit like jeans. I'd say go for it.

Quick Reply: Leather Jacket