Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks

I'm looking to get a windshield from Klock Werks. They state that the wind gets kicked up so it's not in your face and that the bike is stabilized from the wind pushing down from the sides of the windshield. It's a 6 1/2" windshield which makes me skeptical that you don't have a face full of wind, especially here in windy-all-the-time Arizona. I also looked at Windvest and they make an 8" windshield but does it have the same effect as a Klock Werks? Does anybody have any input on either company? I just want to spend my money wisely. I have an '09 FLHT and already tried the stock Street Glide windshiled 4" and didn't like it. Too much wind! I wonder if the Klock Werks being only 2 1/2" taller keeps the wind out of my face. I'm 5'7" by the way.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:44 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do not buy this piece of junk. most overrated windshield ever. buy a clearview or if want want the aero look, buy the cee bailey. i bought one and rode with it one time. again, piece of crap imho.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
do not buy this piece of junk. most overrated windshield ever. buy a clearview or if want want the aero look, buy the cee bailey. i bought one and rode with it one time. again, piece of crap imho.
Can't speak for the KW performance when mounted on a Batwing. I had the 12" KW flare on my RG. Bike handled great at high speed; very stable but, the wind noise was awful. I now have a 15" Cee Bailey Euro, light tint - very nice and a keeper for sure.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

I checked out the Clearview 6 1/2" and it's about half the price of the KW. I measured 6 1/2" while sitting on my bike while level and the top meets between my eyes and mouth. Do you think that's a good placement for a windshield so I'm not getting all that choppy wind in my face bouncing my goggles or vibrating my helmet yet maintaining good visual?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Gave my Klock shield away.
Well, traded it for a stock HD 4" until my new Cee Bailey shield comes in.

Klock has some kickass parts...they missed the boat on the windshield.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
scarygt
Road Master

I'm 5'8" and I have a Cee Bailey SSC 9"... So it is only about 6 inches above the fairing and I can easily see over it. I love it and love looking over the shield. I can wear half helmets with very minimal buffeting. It really feels like a direct replacement for a 9 inch shield.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/flhtssc_ws.html

Plus I never understood Klock Works coming out with the shield that mimics this one and acting like they just invented it. Oh well....

PS: this is on my Road King Classic with Dead Center Fairing.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

Now I'm torn between the Clearview 6 1/2" and the Lee Bailey's Super Step Contour. Ugh!! Anyone use the Bailey's 9" SSU (equal to the 6")? I was just about to order the Clearview. Somebody help!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by odie-in-az
Now I'm torn between the Clearview 6 1/2" and the Lee Bailey's Super Step Contour. Ugh!! Anyone use the Bailey's 9" SSU (equal to the 6")? I was just about to order the Clearview. Somebody help!
Dude!
Where were you this weekend?
I posted a thread...Cee Bailey's had a "20% off all weekend" sale.
A couple forum members, and myself...kept bumping it up so everyone that wanted one could get in on it.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:44 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

I was working Saturday and then Sunday I was pissed cuz it was raining and cold. I had 25 deep planning on riding up to Apache Gold up around Globe, Az but I napped out. I wish I could have jumped on that deal. Still is real reasonable though. So you think I should go with the Bailey instead of the Clearview?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

odie - i bought the 6 1/2 dark grey recurve Clearview.. worth the money.. also look if they have a Blem one.. save;s u some $$ also. Better than stock 4" one.. i can see above it.. do a search on Clearview shields in the forums.. it had better feedback compared to KW.. just my 0.02c..

Quick Reply: Klock Werks