Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
At 5' 7" the Klock Werks should be okay for you. On a guy 6' the wind hits you in the forehead. They look great on a Street Glide. They are just to short for me.

I am 6' and have a 9 1/2" Clearview with recurve and look about 3 inches over it. At the end of the day the windshield will be covered in bugs, but I won't have a single bug on my sunglasses. So I guess it works pretty good.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, a 6". This helps out a bunch! I can save nearly half the cost by buying clearview recurve but I do like the looks of the CW. It's all about the dollars now. Thanks for the help!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:31 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I'll have to agree with GasCan...the 6.5" KlockWerks Flare that I put on my StreetGlide is one of the more satisfying things I've bolted on...Rides about like my HD 9.5" windshield and looks GREAT!!! Low wind noise (lower than the 9.5" HD), sunglasses stay still on my face. BTW, it keeps getting better with speed; 120 mph and still can hear the Allman Brothers....I am 5'10", and I slouch slightly when I ride...

Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
saw*me
Tourer

All depends on what your looking for. Any short shield will put the wind in your face. I like that, and I like how the bike handles with the Klock Werks. A short shield is not for everyone.
Some of the taller Bailey's would be what I would go after if I didn't like the wind.
just 2 cts

Tom

Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Made mine a clearview

Well after reading posts from here and different forums I decided to go with the 8" clearview curved. I think all things being similar, price and peoples opinions convinced me to pull the trigger. It should be here just in time for the spring rollout. It's my second upgrade. First was a 6 1/2" flat shield and it was ok but I think the 8" and curved might put it over the top. I will post once I mount and test.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer

I bought the 15" euro and 9" sport from cee baileys. Saved about 70 bucks with the 20% off and combined shipping. Will post some pics of both on the Roadie and give a review when i can

Old 02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
saintdaniel
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had the klock on my sg for about 10 miles the removed it. i found it to be very noisy, not to mention the (pocket) that keeps most of the wind from peeling your lid off is small. i now use a 6'' windvest on my sg and a 8'' windvest on my ultra,im 6'1'' and thats what works for me. the guy i sold the klock to also took it off and sold it.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

Originally Posted by 07RG
Does the Clearview or Cee Bailey work with apes? Mine are 10 inch apes and they go straight up, I can't use the stock windshield on my Road Glide because when I lock out the forks the handlebars knock the windshield out of position. I have an eight inch shield on now and they work with that, but I don't know if a windshield that is pulled back will smack the bars.
...my 6.5 KW flare works with both apes (15") & a windshield bag. Don't try that with the Baileys. However, I recently saw KW's newest offerings of 8" & 10" unveiled at the expo but can't speak for those.

Im 6'2 and love rockin' the Flare w/shield. Best mod Ive done....bar none. It also just so happens to be the best w/shield on the market. Don't take my word for it, take the industry experts who voted it best new product 2008 & best accessory 2009.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

Originally Posted by saintdaniel
i had the klock on my sg for about 10 miles the removed it. i found it to be very noisy, not to mention the (pocket) that keeps most of the wind from peeling your lid off is small. i now use a 6'' windvest on my sg and a 8'' windvest on my ultra,im 6'1'' and thats what works for me. the guy i sold the klock to also took it off and sold it.
So in your opinion the windvest has a better wind pocket?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GasCan
Dunno what all the BS about the Klock Werks shields are but I have three of them on my bikes and love them. I have 2 of the 6.5's on the Batwing bikes, and a 12" on the RG. Awesome shields and they look super cool too. So smooth on my Streetglide that I can light a smoke at 75mph and it's windy here along the Rockies too.

isnt it to cold to ride now !!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:46 PM
saintdaniel
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes the windvest has a bigger wind pocket,i guess wind protection is more like it. just take a look at the two,i really liked the wicked look of the klock but if i moved my head out of that small pocket it sucked.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks