Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you using to clean your windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Concrete Cowboy 2009
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRready
I use pledge on my entire bike. I have so far in 10 years, at any price, found a better cleaner, period. When done, my bike shines. I learned this from a guy at a bike show years ago. It works great on the wind shield as it lifts dirt and helps prevent scratches. When cleaning your bike, spray a very small amount on a micro fiber rag and wipe down your bike. Tank, chrome, seat, mirrors. I challenge you to find a better cleaner at any price. No joke. Most people laugh until they try it. All for 2.95 a bottle. Try it and you will be hooked. Years of use, no issues. safe.
Cool, i guess I need to try it. I may try it on my dad's bike first. lol

Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Cool windshield Cleaner

After almost 30yr or riding, Ive used it all Windex, Lemon Pledge, Noxvus, Plexiglass Cleaner by Meguirs, HD Wipes and I found the best stuff, no if's and or buts only one word!!! PLEXUS!!!!!! Its not the cheapest just the best, Ride Safe BV!!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:36 AM
bluesman88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1690Mike1
Plexus. You can get it at any motorcycle dealership around here.
Thanks. I'll try my dealer.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I wax or use detail spray. Then use ammonia free Windex while actually riding.

I AM going to give the Pledge a try.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spit and a old rag.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wet towel soaked with water(draped over)..for a few mins..to an hour..then rinse with water

Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

I've always used a Micro-fiber cleaning cloth soaked in [really] hot water to clean the windshield, then a separate dry micro-fiber cleaning cloth to dry the windshield.

You can get a bundle of 6 from Wally World for something like $6.00

Old 02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lemon Pledge!.....it's the citrus oil in it that makes it work so well....I use chrome polish on the chrome, then follow thru with the Pledge.

On the windshield, I soak it with pledge, then let the bugs melt before I wipe them off....We get LOTS of bugs down here and then they bake in the sun!.....After 1.5 years, I don't have the first swirl mark or scratch on my shield.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a helicopter with a lot of plexi. and have been using Lemon Pledge for years. The guy in the hangar next to uses Plexus. I used Pledge on the pilot side and his Plexus on the passenger side. The Pledge side is just easier to maintain. The Plexus side seems to want to fog up while the Pledge side doesn't.

Bug removal and water repellency is superior to the Plexus.

Sorry guys, I tried it and I'm sticking with the Lemon Pledge for the scoot as well. You can buy it in any grocery store as well. Just easier for me.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
I have a helicopter with a lot of plexi. and have been using Lemon Pledge for years. The guy in the hangar next to uses Plexus. I used Pledge on the pilot side and his Plexus on the passenger side. The Pledge side is just easier to maintain. The Plexus side seems to want to fog up while the Pledge side doesn't.

Bug removal and water repellency is superior to the Plexus.

Sorry guys, I tried it and I'm sticking with the Lemon Pledge for the scoot as well. You can buy it in any grocery store as well. Just easier for me.
You know, if I was the maker of Lemon Pledge, I'd repackage it and promote it as a 'wonder product' specially formulated to clean lexan....Repackage it again and claim it was the best auto/scooter chrome and paint detailer on the market.....I'm thinking they are missing a marketing op here...LOL!

Quick Reply: What are you using to clean your windshield?