Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you using to clean your windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to argue about what that web page says. All I can say is I have used pledge on my entire scoot, as have countless people for years. Seems if it was going to destroy your winshield someone might have noticed that. My windshield's have been like new under pledge care. No way is anyone going to convince me pledge is not the real deal, cause the real deal is the test of time, which it has passed. Just read the posts here and all other forums on the net. You think everybody using it is delirious? I am not bashing other products as they may work. I think water works pretty darn good on a windshield, but pledge will shine like no other IMO. And with no damge. Remember, how much something costs does not make it better. Pledge works.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have used Novus on the shield for years. Might have to try Plexus and will for sure try the Pledge!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
ndnguyd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

pledge. Its been around for ever for a reason!! Good for the car dash and leather seats as well

Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by bluesman88
Where can I get some Plexus?

Most bike dealers sell Plexus. I use it on my shield and helmet visor. I always take one of the small size cans on road trips.

Tip.....Plexus will make the plastic headlight covers on your cage look like new.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pledge - Everywhere.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Jambon1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm cleaning my windsheild right now. A guy on one of the "other forums" suggested Gasoline and Acetone.

OH ****..........................GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by racklefratz
No, I don't get that impression at all. That page is 99% about what **NOT** to use, not about what they sell. IMO, what little marginal profit they make on a $6.50 bottle of 210 is just budget dust, nothing more.

Clean your crap with whatever you want - it's of no consequence to me. But if you were as smart as you obviously believe you are, you'd be using Permatex 403D on that helicopter, which is intended for aircraft windscreens, rather than something cheap and easy from the grocery chain, intended for your furniture.
WTF? You feel better about yourself now?

Been using it for years so what's your point?

They sell it for $6.50. Are you gonna pay that for a can of Pledge. No. You are gonna tell the ole lady to pick some up for you at the grocery store. So they missed another sale.

Yep cheap and easy that's me.. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid....

Last edited by RoadKingRon1; 02-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
kbear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jambon1
I'm cleaning my windsheild right now. A guy on one of the "other forums" suggested Gasoline and Acetone.

OH ****..........................GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!
Funny...^^^

Quote...""WTF? You feel better about yourself now?

Been using it for years so what's your point?

They sell it for $6.50. Are you gonna pay that for a can of Pledge. No. You are gonna tell the ole lady to pick some up for you at the grocery store. So they missed another sale.

Yep cheap and easy that's me.. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid....""

Good Comeback ^^^^

Quote..."I am not going to argue about what that web page says. All I can say is I have used pledge on my entire scoot, as have countless people for years. Seems if it was going to destroy your winshield someone might have noticed that. My windshield's have been like new under pledge care. No way is anyone going to convince me pledge is not the real deal, cause the real deal is the test of time, which it has passed. Just read the posts here and all other forums on the net. You think everybody using it is delirious? I am not bashing other products as they may work. I think water works pretty darn good on a windshield, but pledge will shine like no other IMO. And with no damge. Remember, how much something costs does not make it better. Pledge works."

Yep Pledge works, or appears to in my mind, have more than a few friends using it. Lots of guys using it at bike shows, but don't use the delirious as an excuse as I always am with very little ill Effect... Must be the Tekillya shots while sniffing the lemon in the Pledge.

As for the ad hmm "a manufacturer ad" lets see "saying what not to use" hmmm. Now that is an original way to advertise...? Do I need to repeat that.

Need scientific data to back up the claim(s) by an independant labratory.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Satin black paint, but then mine is black.

Toby

Old 02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I use this http://liqui-techonline.com/. windshield and assorted products for my Bike

Quick Reply: What are you using to clean your windshield?