Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirrius or Xm radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
bnelele
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirrius or Xm radio

There was a article on the yahoo homepage referring to business they thought might go under in 09. Sirrius was listed as a canadiate. For the users that have a lifetime subscription, what effect do you think this will have. Do you think we have lost our money or if they are bought out do you think the new owners will honour their existing subscribers. I believe they have already merged with XM

Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I too have a Sirius account so I'll be watching this.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

interesting. I'll have to get an MP3 I guess.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Led Zeppelin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sirrius and xm are already merged together, so that's a good question on what will happen.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bnelele
There was a article on the yahoo homepage referring to business they thought might go under in 09. Sirrius was listed as a canadiate. For the users that have a lifetime subscription, what effect do you think this will have. Do you think we have lost our money or if they are bought out do you think the new owners will honour their existing subscribers. I believe they have already merged with XM
Good question. I took my credit card off file with them and don't plan on paying more than 2-3 months at a time. I doubt if they will go out of business but they may file BR or something like that. I sure you already know life time means life of the radio and not you I just don't think their going anywhere but there may be some changes. The merger would have been ok if they would have done it qiucker. No one was buying new radios because they didn't know what was going to happen. Siriusxm managment sucks. If they go under it's because they didn't handle the merger very well. And their not doing much better now.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

200,000,000 subscriders at $12.95 a month that's $259,000,000 a month or $31,080,000,000 a year. 31 billion a year they bring in and you really think they are going out of business? They are making a killing since they merged.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
200,000,000 subscriders at $12.95 a month that's $259,000,000 a month or $31,080,000,000 a year. 31 billion a year they bring in and you really think they are going out of business? They are making a killing since they merged.
I don't think your # are right Even if they had 200 million customer [and they don't] they all don't pay 12.95 Check out what some financial experts are saying about them.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

I have followed this since I love satellite radio. Sirius/XM is indeed in trouble. They owe 175 million that is due in February and 400 million due in December in outstanding debt. From what I gather, Echostar tried to make a deal to purchase them at the end of last year and were denied. Now Echostar has bought the 175 million in debt due this month, and also purchased over half of the 400 million that is due in December. Some say that they may try to push Sirius/XM into bankruptcy and take their assets since most of the money owed will be owed to them.

For shareholders, that would be the end of Sirius/XM, but I am sure they are really just looking to add satellite radio to their portfolio they already have with Dish Network. Also by pushing Sirius/XM into bankruptcy, they could get all the assets of Sirius/XM without all the overpriced contracts they currently have.

Might be a rough year for Sirius/XM.

For the listener, I don't think the service will go away. Though prices are going up for second receivers on March 11th to $8.99 and no more free internet listening when your current contract expires.

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/090...0_id.html?.v=1

And they have a combined total of 18.9 million subscribers and that is primary receivers at 12.95 and secondary receivers on accounts that are $6.95 each.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/si...nc-losses.html

I know this has nothing to do with our scoots, Just answering a question. I don't think anyone needs to worry about Sirius/XM going away completely, but changes are coming.

Last edited by Daves Not Here!; 02-09-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Daves Not Here!
I have followed this since I love satellite radio. Sirius/XM is indeed in trouble. They owe 175 million that is due in February and 400 million due in December in outstanding debt. From what I gather, Echostar tried to make a deal to purchase them at the end of last year and were denied. Now Echostar has bought the 175 million in debt due this month, and also purchased over half of the 400 million that is due in December. Some say that they may try to push Sirius/XM into bankruptcy and take their assets since most of the money owed will be owed to them.

For shareholders, that would be the end of Sirius/XM, but I am sure they are really just looking to add satellite radio to their portfolio they already have with Dish Network. Also by pushing Sirius/XM into bankruptcy, they could get all the assets of Sirius/XM without all the overpriced contracts they currently have.

Might be a rough year for Sirius/XM.

For the listener, I don't think the service will go away. Though prices are going up for second receivers next month.

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/090...0_id.html?.v=1

And they have a combined total of 18.9 million subscribers and that is primary receivers at 12.95 and secondary receivers on accounts that are $6.95 each.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/si...nc-losses.html
Good info. Another thing thats killing them is the fact new car sales are so bad. No new subs with new cars are signing up.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Daves Not Here!
Cruiser

Yes, car sales are horrible, they have not put out a new combined product yet and their programming contracts total $475.4 million per year right now!

$80 million per year for Stern
$31.43 million per year for NFL
$21.5 million per year for Nascar
$59 million per year for Major League Baseball
Plus smaller contracts like Martha Stewart, college football, etc....

Not a bright future when you really look at it closer. Maybe the reason the stock is at 11 cents a share now.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/26/tech...tune/index.htm

Last edited by Daves Not Here!; 02-09-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Sirrius or Xm radio