Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirrius or Xm radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
burnafatty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are screwed!....just joking!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
bnelele
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daves Not Here!
Yes, car sales are horrible, they have not put out a new combined product yet and their programming contracts total $475.4 million per year right now!

$80 million per year for Stern
$31.43 million per year for NFL
$21.5 million per year for Nascar
$59 million per year for Major League Baseball
Plus smaller contracts like Martha Stewart, college football, etc....

Not a bright future when you really look at it closer. Maybe the reason the stock is at 11 cents a share now.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/26/tech...tune/index.htm
Yes, it seems as if they have a lot going out with not a lot coming in. Alot of people bought a lifetime subscription for 4 or 5 hundred on a promo signup. Those who pay on a monthly basis provide a source of income for them, but if they get bought out by another company I am not sure if they would have to honour those lifetime contracts. Its sure nice to get a good station on our scoots when were out in the boonies

Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I have Sirius in the car and was waiting for a setup for the bike.
I'll think I'll just hang tight and see what happens.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There might be a hostile takeover attempt by Echostar.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Daves Not Here!
Yes, car sales are horrible, they have not put out a new combined product yet and their programming contracts total $475.4 million per year right now!

$80 million per year for Stern
$31.43 million per year for NFL
$21.5 million per year for Nascar
$59 million per year for Major League Baseball
Plus smaller contracts like Martha Stewart, college football, etc....

Not a bright future when you really look at it closer. Maybe the reason the stock is at 11 cents a share now.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/26/tech...tune/index.htm
Thats an awful lot of expense and poor management. Those contracts have to be reworked or cancelled, those payments are ridiculous.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM
bobalou1999
Intermediate
Default Merger

Originally Posted by Trock
Good question. I took my credit card off file with them and don't plan on paying more than 2-3 months at a time. I doubt if they will go out of business but they may file BR or something like that. I sure you already know life time means life of the radio and not you I just don't think their going anywhere but there may be some changes. The merger would have been ok if they would have done it qiucker. No one was buying new radios because they didn't know what was going to happen. Siriusxm managment sucks. If they go under it's because they didn't handle the merger very well. And their not doing much better now.
The merger was not held up by Sirius managment,but by the Republican members on the FCC.The merger was approved by the Federal Trade Commission as not being a monopolly,but was held up by members of the FCC for over a year.They did approve the Exxon/Mobil merger in under 3 weeks .

Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

and dont forget bababooey he needs to be paid so he can payoff those highchairs

Attached Thumbnails Sirrius or Xm radio-1979garyfootballoi0.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think they're barstools

Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bobalou1999
The merger was not held up by Sirius managment,but by the Republican members on the FCC.The merger was approved by the Federal Trade Commission as not being a monopolly,but was held up by members of the FCC for over a year.They did approve the Exxon/Mobil merger in under 3 weeks .
I know they had nothing to do with the merger. I just mean that the management in general sucks. They said they wouldn't raise rates when they went before the FCC. They just forgot to mention they would raise rates on your second or third radio. They also will start to charge for online listening when it was free before. They also have not developed new radios that will recieve both xm and sirius fast enough. Some of their contracts for some of their show are just crazy. And they canceled a lot of channels that people were pissed about. They need people signing up not canceling because of rates and content.

Last edited by Trock; 02-10-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Satellite Radio

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
Thats an awful lot of expense and poor management. Those contracts have to be reworked or cancelled, those payments are ridiculous.
The contracts will get canceled if they go under and declare bankruptcy. It would be interesting to see how much cheese Howard, Opie and Athony and the others will get when the contracts are no longer valid. They went to satellite to get away from the censorship on FM radio, but if Echostar or someone else is the only game in town, they won't really have any position to bargain from.

This is going to get interesting.

Quick Reply: Sirrius or Xm radio