Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!antenna Conn. for detachable tour pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyp
Hey sgdiesel,I tried to unscrew the cable from the original mount and connect it directly to the cable coming out of the tour pack but both ends are female. But Tenn Ridge Runner has the right idea,the short antenna wire coming out of the tour pack was one I got from the dealer,it was one of the parts that comes from the antenna relocation kit,so I guess what I need is the adapter to hook two female ends together. The parts guy at the dealer said he could get that for me too as a single item so I don't have to buy the whole relocate kit. Thanks Tenn Ridge Runner.
That is fine, or depending on how handy you are (aka how little you want to spend), if you refer to my earlier posting, buying one of each of those connectors, cutting off the 2 females and fitting these gives you the answer (which is where i was going originally), or take the short lead down to any car stereo fitting shop, show them the female termination and explain what you want to do. I am pretty sure he will have the connector there ready to go.

A minor word of warning, the antenna cable is coaxial type cable and is not as straightforward to join as normal cable, but equally so a bit of common sense gets you there.

Good luck