Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Go with V&H
47.06%
Go with T-rex
29.41%
"F" both of them
23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

V&H Big Shot Duals vs HK T-Rex Duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
jfanton
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Shot Duals vs HK T-Rex Duals

I just can not get off the fence on a frigging exhaust system!@#$%&! And the weather here in Phoenix is gonna start heatin' up real quick and the stock crossover pipe has got to go!!!

I've solicited owners of both systems for pics and info offline, but I've yet to see these exhaust systems in person.

Very similar systems, 1/2" difference in diameter, billet straightcut end caps (optional slashcut & fishtails(yuk) on V&H), no clamps for the HK's, very different schools of thought for the heat shields, optional quiet baffles for the V&H.

Of course we all know what Bountyhunter thinks (comments still welcome), but I'd like to hear from you even if you don't own either of these systems but perhaps know someone who owns them or have seen and/or heard them yourself. Pro's/con's, positive's/negative's.

Thanks in advance...

Old 04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Default RE: V&H Big Shot Duals vs HK T-Rex Duals

It won't let me vote!!!!!!!!!!!! #$%#$#@@$$%$%((*&^^

I Vote DG Hard Krome T-Rex True Duals!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Old 04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same again. It's really a no brainer......so go with your HEART! Either ya like fat one piece with no clamps, or skinny with clamps and more parts. No true duals ball's bustin' allowed. here.[sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 04-19-2006, 10:12 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

Sorry, first poll (hehe)! Think I fixed it...

Old 04-19-2006, 10:57 PM
thebigbuckster
Advanced

how about performance?any gains or losses with the t rex? they sure look nice how about sound and price?

Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 AM
JRAZ
Cruiser

I put the V & H Big Shot Duals on my 06 SG with a Fuel Pak. No need for the HD download just change the to a bigger air filter. It runs and sounds great. In fact since you are from Phoenix you'll appreciate this. I was the first bike that Hacienda did with the V & H BSD's. All the techs went wild over the sound and performance. best deal for the money IMHO. Try it, you'll like it.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:36 AM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: JRAZ

I put the V & H Big Shot Duals on my 06 SG with a Fuel Pak. No need for the HD download just change the to a bigger air filter. It runs and sounds great. In fact since you are from Phoenix you'll appreciate this. I was the first bike that Hacienda did with the V & H BSD's. All the techs went wild over the sound and performance. best deal for the money IMHO. Try it, you'll like it.
Umm, can we see sum pics please?

Old 04-20-2006, 08:35 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

675.95 w/free shipping, and a 26% gain in HP and TQ.

Bob

ORIGINAL: thebigbuckster

how about performance?any gains or losses with the t rex? they sure look nice how about sound and price?

Old 04-20-2006, 09:40 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RINEHARTS TRUE DUALS!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

jfanton,

I have tried a couple different systems and here are the results of my research which includes trying the different systems on my SG. I first ordered the T-Rex, I admit I was impressed by the looks of these things. I never got to run these pipes because when I recieved them, the crome was pitted real bad, the kit was missing hardware, no instructions, and the bracket on the left pipe was welded crooked, so the pipe was kicked out. So right off the back I got a bad taste about this company, plus when I called them they did not want to do anything about it. It took me about five days to even talk to someone about these pipes. So I trashed them.

Next I tried the V&H true duals with Ovals. My first opinion of these pipes were good. Very good looking, good finish, good quality pipes. I was happy with the way they looked, but I did not really care for how they sounded or performed. I did get a gain in HP and TQ from stock. Was'nt much but it was there. All were dyno tuned and I have a stage1 and SERT. With all true duals you get a flat spot in throttle response right between 2500 to 3200 rpm, once you get through this rpm range the bike will pick back up. With true duals you will give up some performance for the looks. I love the way they look. So, you also have to consider that you cannot tune both cylinders the same, because the pipes on either side are different lengths, the bassini power curve addresses this issue but looks bad IMO. Also with true duals the throttle response is not as smooth. So I sold my true dual set up.

Finally I tried what I knew was a better setup but does not look as good as the true duals and that is a 2-1 V&H Propipe. I can't say enough about 2-1 pipes. They will perform better all the way around. After I had this system installed and had the bike retuned on the dyno I could not believe how much better the bike performed. When I first got on it and started the bike I got a grin from ear to ear. First the sound of a 2-1 on a V-twin is awsome. I then noticed that the throttle response was great. As soon as you cracked that throttle back it responded without hesitation. Then I rode the bike. All I can saw is WOW, it almost felt like I had cams installed, or a big bore kit, which is next for me. I got about 13 hp and tq from this system. My buddy also has a SG with a thunderheader exhaust on his, also another great performing and sounding pipe. He has a false left side pipe to balance the look. I can'y say enough about a 2-1 system. IMO there is no other type of exhaust to consider and I have tried other exhaust systems. I hope this helps you in your quest for an exhaust system.

Quick Reply: V&H Big Shot Duals vs HK T-Rex Duals