Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLACK CHROME

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 02:58 AM
UltraScoot
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BLACK CHROME

darn you bountyhunter, i just had my wheel off putting a new tire on rear after only 2000 miles[:@]. ya coulda told me about this sooner

Maybe taking the wheels off again; that black chrome is nice.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:19 AM
kimber fan
Advanced

I have been to this shop and have bought several items. I also know others that are satisfied with this chrome shop. I did buy a nut, yes one axle nut, that peeled when I tightened it but I know if I went back to the shop they would have made it right. The other 15 items I bought were perfect. I was waiting to see who arrived on this site with the blackchrome wheels on a SG. Lookslike Bounty may be the winner.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:22 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: nt30

If the stock rims weren't so ugly I might consider doing them in black chrome.

now thats funny i dont care who ya are!!!.............true too!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:41 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Check out www.highlustrechromeplating.com . The BLACK CHROME is real deadly and catches my eye, Streetglide rims $525 exchanged per set. They specialize in chrome Harley parts and have a complete exchange program for every OEM part, in almost any finish imaginable. They always run a full page in Thunder Press and the prices seem real decent, with some awesome specials (chrome set of Fatboy rims $350). Thinking about a black bagger, all done in black chrome.....and drooooling! How cool would that be and who's gonna be the first? Black chrome is HOT & very unique, compared to standard chrome/powder coated parts.
[sm=drooldude.gif]
ThankYou for finding a place that does this. I've loved black chrome ever since I was a kid and saw the Yamaha 650 specials with the black and gold paint schemes. The exhaust and a few other trim pieces were in black chrome and I've been trying to find it ever since. I actually tried to find a place that did it before settling on black powdercoat for my engine covers. I can see a set of black chrome wheels in my future.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:47 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im ordering a set of Black chrome rims for my bike I think the combo of Balck Chrome rims with chome pully and polised rotoers will look awsome cant wait...

Old 04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Mitt
Cruiser

WoW - that sure looks very nice, how does it hold up ??? Anyone know???

Old 04-20-2006, 09:47 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black Chrome is pretty old actually. I know that they have perfected the craft over the recent years. My Dad have his motors on his Impalas done in black chrome in the late 70's. I still look good. How durable is that product now? Back then the product would crack.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 AM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 10:04 AM
unitas
Advanced

I sell custom wheels wholesale for a large automotive manufacturer company. Black chrome is being tried again. It has failed the last two times it was tried. But that was in automotive wheels. Heres the main problem they had and still do. The color, the wheels sometimes have a different color than the next one. This is so much of a problem i try not t sell them. Then theres the peeling problem. Not too bad now, no more than other chrome wheels do. But it is a pain to swamp the wheels out. Your cost, not theres. Please note, this is what i run into with auto and truck black chrome wheels. In my opinion, I would wait a little while to see if the pull them in the next year or so because they are having any issues with them. Unitas

Old 04-20-2006, 10:46 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been looking at that site for awhile, but no funds and to many other things I wanna do.

Quick Reply: BLACK CHROME