Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Bought a PC V for my '07 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:58 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a PC V for my '07 Ultra

Well, thanks to many of you who have purchased Power Commanders from Fuel Moto, I called them today and ordered a PC V for my '07 Ultra. I'm not going to get the AutoTune module right now, but am convinced that the extra features on the V model make the $20 extra over the III model a no brainer. I didn't get to talk to Jamie, but Keith was helpful with my questions and the order. Said it would ship this coming Monday, so when it comes in I'll try to do a post on the install, then follow up with my riding impressions.
Stay tuned.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
Well, thanks to many of you who have purchased Power Commanders from Fuel Moto, I called them today and ordered a PC V for my '07 Ultra. I'm not going to get the AutoTune module right now, but am convinced that the extra features on the V model make the $20 extra over the III model a no brainer. I didn't get to talk to Jamie, but Keith was helpful with my questions and the order. Said it would ship this coming Monday, so when it comes in I'll try to do a post on the install, then follow up with my riding impressions.
Stay tuned.
You did the right thing. A PCV that's tuned properly, and yours will be, is good right out of the box. AT is for (1) those of us who change configurations frequently and really need the auto-tune feature and (2) others who like extreme precision and like to tinker on computers and electronic gadgets. I'm more a #2 than a #1 in this case, but it's nice to know my upgrade options are easier to come by now.

With AT I now have rejuvenated my interest in swapping cams, but after taking a ride today I wonder why I need more power. This thing runs really great as is.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
You did the right thing. A PCV that's tuned properly, and yours will be, is good right out of the box. AT is for (1) those of us who change configurations frequently and really need the auto-tune feature and (2) others who like extreme precision and like to tinker on computers and electronic gadgets. I'm more a #2 than a #1 in this case, but it's nice to know my upgrade options are easier to come by now.

With AT I now have rejuvenated my interest in swapping cams, but after taking a ride today I wonder why I need more power. This thing runs really great as is.
Hey iclick,
You're one of the guys that convinced me to take the plunge. Your posts and threads have been very informative and helpful. You may remember an earlier post by me mentioning I'd wait for them to work the "bugs" out of the V but it was a bad choice of words on my part and you corrected me. Guess I was more concerned about fitment and total PIP ability with the '07's. Keith at FM told me don't sweat the install and to expect noticeable differences thru all the gears.
I can't wait!!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
Hey iclick,
You're one of the guys that convinced me to take the plunge. Your posts and threads have been very informative and helpful. You may remember an earlier post by me mentioning I'd wait for them to work the "bugs" out of the V but it was a bad choice of words on my part and you corrected me. Guess I was more concerned about fitment and total PIP ability with the '07's. Keith at FM told me don't sweat the install and to expect noticeable differences thru all the gears.
I can't wait!!
Well, I'm very sure you are doing the right thing and am not trying to sell you anything I don't believe in. I've recommended the PCIII and now the PCV to friends for two years now and all of them are very satisfied. I just think it's the way to go for most people, except those who are elated with their stock bike's performance and heat management.

I don't know what mods you've made, but your mufflers don't look stock. Do you have an AC upgrade yet? This is a must, but I'm sure Keith already inquired and informed you on the best way to go.

BTW, I like the color of your bike. It reminds me of my old friend "Old Blue," my States Blue Pearl '96 RK that was a buddy for nine years. I rode him for >100K miles through 33 states. FWIW, Road Kings are kings and are thus male bikes. My SG must be female, as she is too sexy to be a male bike...but I digress.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:16 PM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered mine today as well! Many of the post's on this site have educated me to the benefits of this upgrade. I've done the Rineharts and the Air cleaner already,cant wait! ..Thanks to all you guys on here for all the good info!!...Scooter