Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pc111- fuel mileage

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeano
My tuners said he can richen the cruise range up for me , but i fear decel pop. Also i dont have map on computer from my indy, he gave me the dyno run sheet, and that was all. I bought the pc111 thru him, and he mapped it. I thank everyone for your input
You don't want to enrich the cruise range to increase mileage, but just the opposite. Decel pop is usually related to 0% TP settings and I would suggest setting to -10 in each cell from 3k on up at that point. The suggestions I made earlier don't affect this range.

You can pull the map he installed for you from the PC software and save it as a file on your computer.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
wildeano
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
You don't want to enrich the cruise range to increase mileage, but just the opposite. Decel pop is usually related to 0% TP settings and I would suggest setting to -10 in each cell from 3k on up at that point. The suggestions I made earlier don't affect this range.

You can pull the map he installed for you from the PC software and save it as a file on your computer.
my bad , iclick, i meant he can lean it out not richen.. i have not got any pc software, where would i be able to obtain some. i am thinking of getting a cheap laptop, thanks

Old 02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

I hope i can upload these scans of the dyno papers, the first dyno sheet shows the dyno when i had the tv111 tuner on the bike and the second one is the dyno sheet after i put the pc111 on the bike
I assume the second run was with the Jackpot mufflers and the PCIII, and the first run with neither. Right? What mufflers did you use for the first run?

Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

my bad , iclick, i meant he can lean it out not richen.. i have not got any pc software, where would i be able to obtain some. i am thinking of getting a cheap laptop, thanks
You can download the PCIII software here. Just install it on the computer, connect the PCIII to the computer with a USB cable and the 9V adapter, and you're set. Read the manual first, of course.

If you didn't get a 9V adapter with the unit you'll need to have the bike running while connected to the computer. Otherwise the PCIII won't get power. Your installer should've given you the software, USB cable, 9V adapter, and the other stuff contained in the kit. If not, I would go back and ask him to hand it over.

Let me ask you something. Did you buy the PCIII first from your tuner, then the Jackpot mufflers later? If so, you should be able to get a good map for your setup from Jamie or I can send it to you, with or without my mileage changes. Your setup is exactly like mine.

Last edited by iclick; 02-06-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:47 PM
wildeano
Tourer

the first run was with s/e aircleaner, dynotuned fuelmoto slip ons, and a terry components terminal velocity tv3 tuner.. the second dyno sheet was all the same except without the tv3 and when they installed the pc111.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

the first run was with s/e aircleaner, dynotuned fuelmoto slip ons, and a terry components terminal velocity tv3 tuner.. the second dyno sheet was all the same except without the tv3 and when they installed the pc111.
Just adding the PCIII alone made a noticeable difference. I'm not acquainted with the TV3 and after looking at the site I can't figure out how this thing works. The descriptions on the site don't go into detail, nor does the manual. The FAQ mentions that it works at 14.7:1 at cruise and 13.5:1 under load, but that's about it. I'd like to know how it achieves these numbers and how this all ties into the TPS, which the TV3 connects to. Anyone know?

Last edited by iclick; 02-06-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
wildeano
Tourer

yes, there was a bit of difference. the tv3 fuel tuner was ok, but, i could never get my idle to stay the same.. there were no adjustments on the tv3 or any maps. (if your not familiar) i would stop at one redlight and idle at 800 rpms and 3 miles at the next stop i would idle at 1100 rpms... i keep kicking myself for buying that tv3

Old 02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I don't think you're going to do any better than this. What do your values look like in the cruise range?
When I bought the bike it had just the HD stage II download. It ran ok and got decent gas mileage. I had it dynoed and the numbers were terrible. So I added V&H true duals(already had the Rhineharts slip-ons) and the the PCIII, got the bike dyno tuned. I said I still want to keep my decent gas mileage. So he set the bike leaner at cruise...6th gear helps a lot as well. I have never looked at the map so I don't know what the values are.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:49 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattman22033
When I bought the bike it had just the HD stage II download. It ran ok and got decent gas mileage. I had it dynoed and the numbers were terrible. So I added V&H true duals(already had the Rhineharts slip-ons) and the the PCIII, got the bike dyno tuned. I said I still want to keep my decent gas mileage. So he set the bike leaner at cruise...6th gear helps a lot as well. I have never looked at the map so I don't know what the values are.
I think your tuner did an excellent job. With my lean cruise range I'd be in that vicinity (45mpg @ 75mph) riding solo. It'd be interesting to see what your map looks like.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:09 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

A couple of questions: Why wouldn't Jamie offer (or does he) a map that has the cruise range leaned out? It just seems most that have added PCIII's have the same complaint about fuel mileage.

And, I am about the invest in the PCV. Also thinking about the AT feature as well. How are the parameters set for the auto tune feature?? Power? Fuel economy? Etc??

I am currently getting 48 mpg with a stock 07 SG set up with Rush mufflers and Jamies baffle system. I don't mind takin a little hit, but do not want to get down in 30 mpg range.

Thanks,

Ben

Quick Reply: Pc111- fuel mileage