Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ahhh warmth

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:46 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Ahhh warmth

Roads were finally clear enough this morning to ride into work with my new heated gloves. They worked great. It was 28 degrees when I left the house a 2:00 am. Yeah I know, a lot of you guys ride in much colder temps. But I lived in Hawaii for 16 years. My blood has gotten so thin that anything less than 55 degrees and I'm looking for a jacket. Plus getting older doesn't help with tolerating colder temps. Anyway, now I realize how cold my legs and neck get. Never really noticed before because my fingers were always so freakin' cold. Guess I'll have to find pants and jacket liner. Problem is I'm 6'6" and weigh about 290 lbs. Had trouble finding gloves that fit, can't imagine how tough it will be to find pants liner and jacket that fit. And I don't trust measuring and ordering online. Did that once, years ago with a firesuit. It turned out kinda tight between the shoulders and the crotch and was damn uncomfortable. Made those races with lots of cautions especially tough.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give a call to the folks at Gerbings. Just explain your concerns. I have found them to very helpful. Just start with the measuerment chart they have posted on line. Fill it out and give them a call. You'll be surprised at how close they come to fitting the first time. That is what they do, make clothes that fit.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
swlamedic
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgriffith
Give a call to the folks at Gerbings. Just explain your concerns. I have found them to very helpful. Just start with the measuerment chart they have posted on line. Fill it out and give them a call. You'll be surprised at how close they come to fitting the first time. That is what they do, make clothes that fit.
Yes, I heard Gerbings has better heated gear than Harley. I have not bought any yet, but I am looking into it, and thus far, everything that I have seen and read seems to point favorably in thier direction.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by swlamedic
Yes, I heard Gerbings has better heated gear than Harley. I have not bought any yet, but I am looking into it, and thus far, everything that I have seen and read seems to point favorably in thier direction.
Gerbings makes the gear for Harley (at least they did) so I don't know if it's better but it's cheaper without the H-D sewn into it.
I have the gloves, jacket liner, pants liner and socks...the pants and socks only get used when it's in the teens though. Great stuff!